IGNORED

google+

kokoon

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Rambo

i hope they leave in the feature where i get tied up and someone i've never even seen before cums on my face in a public toilet and then i ring the police when they set me free. Is that google?

don't worry about it crashing and losing your data; the NSA has a backup.

Actually a group of engineers from Google have created a tool that allows you to easily back-up and export your data all by yourself.

What happened to the time when the internet was for loners and antisocial people?

The internet was created with the intention of connecting people and sharing ideas/information more easily.

Yeah, I took a look at it. It seems like you have more privacy options like Facebook used to have.

That, in itself, makes it better.

Guest futuregirlfriend

I was invited about 25 minutes ago. How long has it taken people to actually get on? The internet is exciting. My cock's aflame.

Guest hahathhat

Actually a group of engineers from Google have created a tool that allows you to easily back-up and export your data all by yourself.

you're an idiot.

i warned you. i told you google was going to take over the internet. now look at us. soon google will make the move and become something that has nothing to do with the internet. its really happening. i predict less than five years before the google / apple merge, unless they wish to keep them separate for nefarious purposes. pray.

i don't think google has plans of world domination. for a company that size, they're fairly benign and respectful. but the more information on there, the more of a glittering prize it becomes for hackers. they don't even have to hack google; all they have to do is get your password. and google will do absolutely nothing to help you if/when your account does get compromised.

the more of a glittering prize it becomes for hackers. they don't even have to hack google; all they have to do is get your password. and google will do absolutely nothing to help you if/when your account does get compromised.

same can be said for any website. including Facebook.

morale of the story is: use a strong password (or with Google stuff, use 2-step auth).

you're an idiot.

I'm sorry, are you flaming me?

Guest futuregirlfriend

Took about 35 minutes for the join button to appear for me, instantly for the first person I invited. If anyone would like an account just PM your email.

you're an idiot.

I'm sorry, are you flaming me?

I don't think he was commenting on the fact that you could lose your data, I think he was commenting on the fact that putting all your social information on one of these sites can be easily data-mined by the wrong people. And you sorta backed that up ... get it? You backed that thang up.

he's about to put his temp ban hat on. (tell me what you think of that comment hat, why don't ya punk)

:spiteful:

Why put a temp ban hat on when you can delet him. :facepalm:

What my link says is that you - the end-user - can easily back-up your data and then move it to another "social" site. Nothing to do with data-mining, but rather that it is easy to back-up if you are worried about crashes.

Guest futuregirlfriend

If I just invited you and you're wondering how to invite others: When you've logged in, click share in the top right, enter some text, enter some emails, share.

Regarding the security issues. I think 2-step authentication is a way forward but what I'd really like to see is using public key authentication instead of these insecure stone age passwords.

Improperly secured mail is already a big danger due to the "forgot your password, we'll just mail you a new one" feature of so many services. In comparison to your Paypal or Steam account, your social networking habits are not that valuable.

Edit: And thank you futuregirlfriend!

Interface seems pretty neat.

Guest Sprigg

I like it. Interestingly, it won't let me send email invites quite yet, but i just got it set up like ten minutes ago.

Archived