IGNORED

REPHLEX USA TOUR

Guest Bubz

also sorry for double post but, unfortunately I don't think I'll make it to the Chicago show this time. As much as I really want to see Bogdan and Soundmurderer and all the rest, I've got a gig for 200 dollars for two days of work in Bloomington for the exact two days when they play in Chicago (what are the chances!) Plus me and my girlfriend don't really have a car anymore anyway. Ah well...

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From Olympia, WA, but I live with my girl in Bloomington when I'm not in college back at home, so that's where I am at the moment (until September 16th or something.)

what's not interesting about austin?! damn

i agree. it sounded like it was a ways away from chicago and he didn't think there was enough demand in austin for rephlex :shrug:

that's lame because i definitely know quite a large number of rephlex fans/acid heads that would do anything to catch those guys in texas.

hmmmmm, does not bode well for KC.

Nah, hes interested

Fuck yeah man!

Guest Promo

Rephlex really haven't moved with the times. Dubstep just went way over them. As a label they just seem out of touch now.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

also,

http://www.discogs.com/Various-Grime/release/264005

http://www.discogs.com/Various-Grime-2/release/335880

They just happened to have done dubstep when it was first showing up as a new, exciting genre. Just because Grant and Richard don't go around sucking Skrillex's cock, doesn't mean they're unaware of dubstep.

Those releases aren't really 'dubstep'. They were packaged as Grime and yeah dubstep has gone past them completely. Sorry but as a label they're out of touch. That said that 80s rerelease of that dude was boss though - defo up my street!

Rephlex really haven't moved with the times. Dubstep just went way over them. As a label they just seem out of touch now.

also,

They just happened to have done dubstep when it was first showing up as a new, exciting genre. Just because Grant and Richard don't go around sucking Skrillex's cock, doesn't mean they're unaware of dubstep.

Those releases aren't really 'dubstep'. They were packaged as Grime and yeah dubstep has gone past them completely. Sorry but as a label they're out of touch. That said that 80s rerelease of that dude was boss though - defo up my street!

let's turn this thread into a wobble vs dubstep discussion now :sup:

USA get a full tour, and the UK get a one off gig in a car park somewhere in Leeds.

:trashbear:

You guys get frickin EVERYTHING in electronic music, give us a break! :braindance:

lol

boston

yeah fuck you, you're just jealous because your city can't turn into a fuckin' SPACESHIP GUITAR you wicked retarded fuckin queea'

so you're from boston then? what's this about spaceship guitars?

boston is the armpit of modern culture

I don't feel like Rephlex is out of touch necessarily... if they could just get some new releases out they'd be back in the game.

Despite their ongoing promise of exciting new albums from current artists, all we've gotten this year is repackaged '80s funk, some britcore hiphop, and some dark electro that honestly left me a little cold. C'mon guys, it's August already.

i get the feeling that the people who coordinate what goes on at rephlex, and maybe even some of the artists involved, see all that is happening with the current trends in electronic music and have had to kind of take a step back and a deep breath. shit has gotten so out of control with the internet and lack of standardization that i dont think it's much of a stretch these days to say that overall standards of music have greatly declined.

lol

boston

yeah fuck you, you're just jealous because your city can't turn into a fuckin' SPACESHIP GUITAR you wicked retarded fuckin queea'

I'm a western masshole.

lol

boston

Wow. You need to come to Bakersfield and get educated on what "armpit" really means.

USA get a full tour, and the UK get a one off gig in a car park somewhere in Leeds.

:trashbear:

You guys get frickin EVERYTHING in electronic music, give us a break! :braindance:

Absolutely this. WTF could you even be complaining about Fletch? 60% of these guys who say they're going to come here cancel. I hope your mail gets delivered to the wrong house.

lol

boston

Wow. You need to come to Bakersfield and get educated on what "armpit" really means.

lol hardcode being ignorant about quality of life in america. wicked retahded.

also,

Those releases aren't really 'dubstep'. They were packaged as Grime and yeah dubstep has gone past them completely.

Those comps are dubstep by its earliest definition with such visionaries like digital mystikz and kode9. They were labeled as Grime so all the fucking grimeheads unaware of dubstep would buy those recs and be blown away. quite ingenious actually. Dubstep definitely has blown up in many exciting directions but it definitely blown past afx who drops sick dubstep in his dj sets, vibert and perala who both dubstep releases. all of which are on rephlex.

Archived