IGNORED

Redruth

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What makes you say so? There's gonna be a new Plaid album AND ... ? What am I forgetting?

Best year ... maybe 1999/2000. Seems like a lot of good shit was released there. Maybe because many people were trying to get a "millennium" one out.

there has to be albums from aphex and boc on the horizon for this to even be remotely close to being true. on top of that, if those guys do both release records, they'd have to be pretty damn good too. id say from 98-01 is an untouchable era for multiple artists release amazing albums.

Dunno, 2009/10/11 all are equally good to me. New Clark album might change this but it probably won't come out this year. Oh but new Oval and Plaid might change this as well. :spiteful:

Guest AcrossCanyons

anybody who thinks this year has been boring hasn't checked much new music... there's been a whole load of incredible releases.

however best year ever? don't know about that..

For me there's been:

2562 - Fever

Deepchord - Hash-Bar loops

Instra:mental - Resolution 653

Sandwell District – Feed Forward

Tim Hecker - Ravedeath 1972

Machinedrum - Rooms(s)

Which are pretty good, but they are not been mindblowing releases or anything to me.

And other than those releases, there's been nothing interesting. The Amon Tobin release was a massive disappointment to me.

Plz come and save this year Burial or BoC.

2001 was a pretty good year for it

Exactly what I thought, just before I scrolled down to this post.

Aphex Twin - Drukqs

Squarepusher - Go Plastic

Autechre - Confield

Plaid - Double Figure

Boards of Canada - Geogaddi (almost, 2002)

Arovane - AER (Valid)

Bjork - Vespertine

Brothomstates - Claro

Brothomstates - Qtio

The list goes on. Many important albums, a truly important year.

I think, you're missing out. Big time.

Probably, but I like to focus on just a few genres at a time. In late 09/early 10 I was listening to a lot of IDM & ambient. Then mostly rap & movie soundtracks. Right now I'm listening to mostly funk, soul, & Jandek (he gets his own category).

many of the albums have not seen release quite yet. possibly when i find time i will provide a list as you requested. keep in mind my intergnat friend :afxgrin:, that i was not stating with certainty it was the best year, hence the question mark. however, it does seem to have momentum

many of the albums have not seen release quite yet. possibly when i find time i will provide a list as you requested. keep in mind my intergnat friend :afxgrin:, that i was not stating with certainty it was the best year, hence the question mark. however, it does seem to have momentum

You have to do better than that. Or else you shouldn't have made this thread to begin with. Give us some titles.. upcoming and realeased titles that justifies those crazy statements. :wacko:

Archived