IGNORED

Fear of large abandoned structures

Guest Pennywise

I was snorkelling off the wall of the outer great barrier reef, where the edge of the reef ends and drops off into deep, bluey black abyss.

The reef wall was like a magnet, a scary structure but not as scary as the nothingness of the open ocean. Fucking mental.

If I won the lottery I'd spend years scuba diving the planet.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went to an abandoned hospital that was condemned because of a fire. It's in Hansen, MA and the inside is straight out of Silent Hill. One look inside and your sphincter could crush a diamond. All of the windows are boarded up and only one of the boards near an easily accessible window has torn down. So once you're inside, you better have a good sense of direction, because there's only one way out, it is very dark and it looks like a place Satan would have a tea party.

Stretchers covered in debris, open cabinets, medical equipment scattered everywhere, and pitch blackness... with small beams of sunlight sometimes coming in through cracks in the boarded up windows revealing the charred interior... :unsure:

My college roommate used to describe this one to me, sounded fucking terrifying

I went to an abandoned hospital that was condemned because of a fire. It's in Hansen, MA and the inside is straight out of Silent Hill. One look inside and your sphincter could crush a diamond. All of the windows are boarded up and only one of the boards near an easily accessible window has torn down. So once you're inside, you better have a good sense of direction, because there's only one way out, it is very dark and it looks like a place Satan would have a tea party.

Stretchers covered in debris, open cabinets, medical equipment scattered everywhere, and pitch blackness... with small beams of sunlight sometimes coming in through cracks in the boarded up windows revealing the charred interior... unsure.gif

My college roommate used to describe this one to me, sounded fucking terrifying

That sounds awesome.

don't ever go to Detroit.

To be fair, though, a lot of those aren't really abandoned. They have hobos and squatters in a lot of them.

Japanese sewer system

won't let me hotlink, click this:

http://www.crookedbr...lery-first.html

The structures just look huge because the Japanese are so small :emotawesomepm9:

Guest rumbo

I was once snorkelling somewhere in Thailand and about 300m out to sea on my own I suddenly saw a VW Beatle convertible about 10m below me, in the dark with seaweed trailing off it and it frightened the shit out of me, I went to get my friend and tried to show him but I couldn't find it again.

maybe there was a body inside it. And buried treasure.

Guest hahathhat

I was snorkelling off the wall of the outer great barrier reef, where the edge of the reef ends and drops off into deep, bluey black abyss.

The reef wall was like a magnet, a scary structure but not as scary as the nothingness of the open ocean. Fucking mental.

i had many years of swimming lessons as a kid and still love to swim, but i've still not gotten around to trying snorkeling!! however, i know the feeling you mean. some pools have this design where about 2/3 in or so it gets deep quite sharply -- the line between just-over-your-head and three-times-your-height. or five, if you were little like i was when i was first in one. i jumped over anyways. it was quite exhilarating

Fuck yeah, I love snorkelling. I went out to a wrecked ship a day on my holiday last year. It looked awesome, but as I got closer to the gap in the side of the ship that you're supposed to swim through there was a lot of garbage floating about in the ocean, and the rusted ship got fucking scary. I'm unable to explain why, but there was this horrible feeling of dread that came over me. I chickened out and swam away. I guess I would've done it if I wasn't alone (girlfriend was chilling on the "beach"). The beach was kind of interesting, pebble cove littered with garbage and flotsam that someone obviously had gone through and grouped by colour, so there was areas of pink, green, light blue, red, etc garbage spread across the entire area.

Picture of the shipwreck courtesy of google.

28802811.jpg

Guest Coalbucket PI

It's very dangerous, the water moving about in confined spaces can suddenly shift you a metre in one direction or another when you really don't want it to. Fear probably did you a favour there.

Guest Pennywise

Fuck yeah, I love snorkelling. I went out to a wrecked ship a day on my holiday last year. It looked awesome, but as I got closer to the gap in the side of the ship that you're supposed to swim through there was a lot of garbage floating about in the ocean, and the rusted ship got fucking scary. I'm unable to explain why, but there was this horrible feeling of dread that came over me. I chickened out and swam away. I guess I would've done it if I wasn't alone (girlfriend was chilling on the "beach"). The beach was kind of interesting, pebble cove littered with garbage and flotsam that someone obviously had gone through and grouped by colour, so there was areas of pink, green, light blue, red, etc garbage spread across the entire area.

Picture of the shipwreck courtesy of google.

28802811.jpg

Fuck swimming through that gap man. Know exactly how it feels.

i don't know if you're incessant sound bite trolling methods worked out for you this time, might want to try your cuntronics a couple maybe 10 or so more times? that way maybe people will actually engage in a discussion aka fall into a troll trap with you again

There's an abandoned farm about 15 minutes from here with multiple buildings on the land, I've been out there before in all the buildings and it is legitimately creepy. I went back there last night with a couple friends. We were gonna go back in the house and check out all the buildings but after smoking a bit, my friends were getting paranoid and freaking themselves out so we didn't stay long. I went into the house a bit but didn't wanna go to far by myself (it's not exactly the safest in there)... I do plan to go out there again sometime soon and go through all the buildings again.

Here's a pic of me and some friends from the first time we went out there... (I'm in the green hoodie and brown hat)

149525_475451516088_699876088_5733526_4601969_n.jpg

Archived