IGNORED

Steve Jobs Resigns as CEO of Apple

chaosmachine

Apple’s Board of Directors today announced that Steve Jobs has resigned as Chief Executive Officer, and the Board has named Tim Cook, previously Apple’s Chief Operating Officer, as the company’s new CEO. Jobs has been elected Chairman of the Board and Cook will join the Board, effective immediately.

http://finance.yahoo...4.html?x=0&.v=1

Jack Layton, leader of the NDP here in Canada, stepped down last month after his cancer returned. Died a few weeks later...

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have always said if there ever came a day when I could no longer meet my duties and expectations as Apple’s CEO, I would be the first to let you know. Unfortunately, that day has come.

I hereby resign as CEO of Apple. I would like to serve, if the Board sees fit, as Chairman of the Board, director and Apple employee.

As far as my successor goes, I strongly recommend that we execute our succession plan and name Tim Cook as CEO of Apple.

I believe Apple’s brightest and most innovative days are ahead of it. And I look forward to watching and contributing to its success in a new role.

I have made some of the best friends of my life at Apple, and I thank you all for the many years of being able to work alongside you.

http://blogs.wsj.com...s-as-apple-ceo/

Does not sound good.

Guest Mirezzi

I'm admittedly very sad over this...I haven't always thought of Jobs in a positive light, but overall, he's been a remarkable leader of that company.

I'm admittedly very sad over this...I haven't always thought of Jobs in a positive light, but overall, he's been a remarkable leader of that company.

people know that i'm no fan of Apple. but as you have rightly said, he has turned the company around. i don't agree with the direction that it's going, but it's sure making a lot of money...or at least was.

Guest Mirezzi

people know that i'm no fan of Apple. but as you have rightly said, he has turned the company around. i don't agree with the direction that it's going, but it's sure making a lot of money...or at least was.

Yeah, the direction they've taken FCP alone has made me question their future, certainly as software developers.

Yeah, the direction they've taken FCP alone has made me question their future, certainly as software developers.

i've never used FCP, but as someone who used to use Logic (both for the Atari, and the Macintosh) i was worried to hear what they had done to FCP users with the release of Final Cut X.

do you do video editing then? have you used FCX, and if so, what was it that frustrated you most?

Guest futuregirlfriend

Don't use FCP myself but one complaint I heard about FCP X was the lack of AAF/OMF export and the suggestion that you just cough up a few hundred for this to make up for the removed feature.

Don't use FCP myself but one complaint I heard about FCP X was the lack of AAF/OMF export and the suggestion that you just cough up a few hundred for this to make up for the removed feature.

Well, they did cut the price from $999 to $299. If you buy that plugin, you're still ahead $200.

Prediction: in 1 or 2 years Scott Forstall will be positioned as the new Jobs. Just like iOS is positioned to take over OSX. In a way, as the executive of the iOS-branch he's already positioned to show Apple the future. Plus, he's the only one capable of doing the keynotes Jobs excelled at.

Guest analogue wings

i doubt his health has taken a sudden turn for the worse. Apple's right between a massive financial result and a big product announcement. those two bumps should comfortably absorb the resignation blip. that's why he's gone right now.

Guest Coalbucket PI

I've always used Apple since I was a tiny little boy and now with the state of the company I wonder if I can still rely on them in the same way. People say they've become money-grabbing in recent years but I don't really feel that way about it. Basically I don't want to see any dramatic changes in direction that might be associated with someone trying to make their mark. Also it's horrible when people get cancer and almost get rid of it and then it comes back and ruins everything.

look at all the ignorance and assholishness in this thread. A guy, that none of you know, is dying. And yet you take delight in it. "Fuck you Steve Jobs. You raped my sister. Killed my uncle. Molested my younger brother. fuck you and your cancer."

As to iOS taking over OS X, uh no. Apple management is not a bunch of retards and are able to differentiate between product lines.

1984 totalitarian style control? Of the mainstream sellers of digital music, iTunes took the lead in pushing non-DRM music. Call me a fanboi, I'm sure you will. I've been using Apple Computers since the Apple ][ E, and Macs since the Mac Plus. Have they been perfect machines? No, not even close. Have they exceeded other machines in their ability to function as desired by the user? You bet your sweet ass.

Archived