IGNORED

Patten - GLAQJO XAACSSO

tokn

Funny there is not already a thread for this... from FACT:

By now, Patten is already being described as enigmatic. Combine this with his music – the DSP coldness of timbral choices, use of smothering compression, complex textural layers and a brevity of material – and you have a ready-made set of comparisons to Actress.

However, much of his debut album GLAQJO XAACSSO could be compared to the Warp catalogue; the acousmatic elements of Ha Ha Sound-era Broadcast, the heavy processing of Autechre’s Chiastic Slide and many melodies similar in style and voicing to Boards of Canada. GLAQJO XAACSSO‘s sound signature is also particularly reminiscent of Clark; fat, mid-range digital crunch, an abundance of lo-fi recordings, occasional instruments and an underpinning acid tinge to much of the album’s smeared frequencies.

Structurally the album and its content could be comparable to more modern counterparts, such as the aforementioned Actress’ Splazsh, or Flying Lotus’ Los Angeles; just under 40 minutes long, material is for the most part brief, often built upon loops with constantly manipulated surface material. Larger, rougher edits manipulate tracks as a whole, although these can, unfortunately, become gratuitous, the violent transitions tending to detract from material that would sound better left alone.

http://www.factmag.com/2011/09/21/patten-glaqjo-xaacsso/

It's seriously amazing music. It's been a while music got me... or dropped my jaw. Maybe not a total jaw-dropper, but 3/4 at least :crazy:

Guest AnEagleInYourMind

Yeah this album is sick. The cover fits; it is really colorful music. Definitely one of my favorites as of late.

Archived