IGNORED

stone roses reform

keltoi

o'really?

that's news to me! God bless you kind Sir.

seriously, tho... never been into FSOL. or Noel Gallagher, either. because i like good music. ;)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest nowyouknow

i

lol...

Liam Gallagher tweets, "Stone roses getting back together not been this happy since my kids were born..."

i've seen an interview in french tv, he said something like "i've never been totally fan of stone roses" or something like that..

Guest igloos unlmtd

Just saw that The Ruling Class reformed as Sulk too. Terrible name but they are still making great tunes that give Stone Roses a run for their money. Unlike the Roses they don't have one bad tune.

http://www.facebook....219578134736211

2 videos from the conference makes for painful yet funny viewing. reni seems quite negative about it all, caught up on his age. john's very quiet and mani wheezing into the mic makes me question whether he'll be around next year.

Painful and yes funny. I don't get the feeling they are all best of mates tbh. Reni is very hard to read, can't tell wether he's just taking the piss or being brutally honest. John Squire looks like he's coming down from the biggest cocaine binge on planet Earth. Ian is the diplomatic lovable oik and Mani, as you said sounds like he should be on an oxygen tank.

Fascinating to watch though, I did the whole 25 mins, summat like that I usually last about 45 secs.

me too... i thought ian brown came across quite well. i've seen him solo twice and he acted like a diva both times, sounded terrible and blamed sound engineers and his band. he had a bust up with his guitarist, the crowd booed him and he stormed off after swearing at the entire audience.

he did this at the shows i was at too...

[youtubehd]20-aQH9khbg[/youtubehd]

and remember this...

[youtubehd]6Pf1rMtEqo0[/youtubehd]

me too... i thought ian brown came across quite well. i've seen him solo twice and he acted like a diva both times, sounded terrible and blamed sound engineers and his band. he had a bust up with his guitarist, the crowd booed him and he stormed off after swearing at the entire audience.

he did this at the shows i was at too...

[youtubehd]20-aQH9khbg[/youtubehd]

i was at that birmingham gig. second time i saw him solo. thought it was funny people assumed he was supporting the use of cocaine.

was at spike island also. i was only 16. never before had i seen anyone using drugs, and this was quite some introduction to them... one huge dealer with really chunky black 'n' gold designer glasses on stood in front of me and pulled out a bag of E's he could hardly hold in one hand, and proceeded to count a few out, slowly. incredibly memorable show - but not for the band - as there was such a sense of a relationship between the band and the crowd. shame some idiot walked on the stage in the middle of the day to put a microphone stand down - the crowd surged forwards and i saw a couple of girls being lifted to safety by their men after they'd passed out. and a shame lots of people thought it was funny to throw coins at the DJ's in the scaffold towers for the sound desk. oh, and i met clint boon too. search lights on the people leaving the place at the end also, from helicopters i think, plus nightmare coach journey back unable to sleep when incredibly tired.

i met clint boon

I met him when he was DJing at Disco Rescue in Manchester. I got the hump that he didn't have anything by The Fall, even though he claimed they were one of his favourite bands.

I like the way he says "your think your so cool on cocaine" then does an impression of himself/Liam Gallagher!

I also like the way slaps that bouncer after five others have wrestled him to the floor already.

aye he's a fine one to judge. sure he's taken shitloads of coke in his time.

I've seen Ian Brown live twice and enjoyed both gigs. I really like his first three solo albums, got bored awfully quick after that though. Still can only abide Elephant Stone and What The World Is Waiting For by Stone Roses though, and only then the longer version of the first one with the ballsy drum intro. I took a punt with the 12" of Made Of Stone when it came out and had sold it to my mate within a week. What a dreary dirge that record was.

• 8 months later...

Stone Roses

stone-roses-S90W_o_tn.jpg

DEFORM!

stone-roses-sell-out-reunion-gigs.jpg

Sorry. :trashbear:

i got cracked ribs from the bar crush... never seen anything so disorganized... got out with my beers just before this happened...

[youtubehd]hk0EtOfLRm0[/youtubehd]

i got cracked ribs from the bar crush... never seen anything so disorganized... got out with my beers just before this happened...

[youtubehd]hk0EtOfLRm0[/youtubehd]

Right lads event. Savage!!!!

Archived