IGNORED

for the love of chairs

jules

i thought they were specifically for knitting (with a knitting machine), maybe that's how they were originally marketed or something

i thought they were for designers and drawing-board work. i had one for a while at work but i hated it. i found it encouraged a bad posture cos you're kind of forced to lean forward rather than learning to work more upright with a more centred core.

get your finger out and post your chairs franklin! i'm interested to see them.

i love chairs. i will try and post my wish list later.

ps. exactly the kind of chair i hate salvatorin! so un-comfy looking.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'd quite like a sofa to go with my Ole Wanscher chair...

2007_0122Image0038.sized.jpg

want want want want want -

Hans Wegner...

2365817.jpg

hans-wegner-shell-chair.jpg

hans-wegner-bull-chair.jpg

hans-wegner-bear-chair.jpg

Arne Jacobsen...

arne-jacobsen-egg-chair.jpg

arne-jacobsen-7-chair.jpg

arne-jacobsen-ant-chair.jpg

arne-jacobsen-ox-chair.jpg

Børge Mogensen...

boerge-mogensen-shell-chair.jpg

Finn Juhl...

finn-juhl-sofa.jpg

one of my favourites - Fabricius & Kastholm...

fabricius-kastholm-scimitar-chair.jpg

Ib Kofod-Larsen...

kofod-larsen-elizabeth.jpg

i'd be here all day with eames and all sorts of mid-century bent plywood chairs but i'll stop for now.

safap8yp.gif

edit: to illustrate my arousment for the previous post, not to mock the poster.

thanks keltoi those are excellent but i need 8 and it looks like those are only 1 each. plus the shipping alone is more than my chair budget :wtf: it is looking more and more like it is going to be these

http://www.westelm.com/products/scoop-back-chairs-f887/?pkey=cdining-chairs-seating

also back to your nice post, is hans wegner not the ultimate chair guru or what? there are so many of his chairs that i want. the papa bear chair has been number 1 for years now and i need to win the lottery to support my chair habit.

1A40F7CA.jpg

05-23-papa-chair-.jpg

papa-bear-chair.jpg?w=542&h=401

2425954472_e6a9770928_o.jpg

yeah him and arne jacobson are amazing. dunno what was in the danish water back then but they really knew how to design some beautifully shaped chairs. and lights too! (the following by the very idm, poul henningsen)

Danish-metal-hanging-light.jpg

PH5_on.jpgPoul-Henningsen-PH-Artichoke.jpg

P.henningsen-draft.jpg

only 5 ever made, 1 of these spirals sold for $307,000!

Poul%20Henningsen%20lamp.jpg

those jacobson remakes you're thinking about look good btw. get them til you can afford a full set of originals!

is it wrong to get turned on by a lampshade? if only £4000 seemed reasonable for this...

ph-artichoke-lamp-1.jpgph-artichoke-lamp-2.jpg

i think if autechre designed lighting, it would look like this

Guest Drahken

and nelson bubble lamps too

66003091_77226b0f7d.jpg

Our house growing up had one of these over the stairway. When I was 8 or 9 we replaced it, and I got to use it as a UFO toy. The house itself was actually a mashup of Frank Lloyd Wright designs created by a local architecture student, and built out of recycled materials in the 50's. Most of the upper level has slate floors made from old chalk boards.

and nelson bubble lamps too

66003091_77226b0f7d.jpg

Our house growing up had one of these over the stairway. When I was 8 or 9 we replaced it, and I got to use it as a UFO toy. The house itself was actually a mashup of Frank Lloyd Wright designs created by a local architecture student, and built out of recycled materials in the 50's. Most of the upper level has slate floors made from old chalk boards.

^ lucky bastard

thanks for the link funkaholic, i will definitely check it out

we ended up going with the arne jacobsen knock-offs, it was the cheapest we could find with good quality. they look good with the table. i will post pics soon. next i need 2 chairs for the heads of the table...

which watmmer has this?

Mutlitask-toilet.jpg

if there was a window and a footstool, and a fridge, and an oven, and a tv,... and an exit, then i'm sold...

which watmmer has this?

Mutlitask-toilet.jpg

if there was a window and a footstool, and a fridge, and an oven, and a tv,... and an exit, then i'm sold...

Just put some wheels on it.

interesting shadow base chairs

the-shadow-chair-1.jpg

we do have one of these in our bedroom, it was my first father's day gift

the-eames-lounge-chair-02.jpg

there are knock off wegner wishbone chairs on overstock that have my interest too

7-18-wegner-real.jpg

Archived