IGNORED

Occupy Oakland confronted with tear gas

awepittance

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i listen to joe rogans podcast from time to time, and while sometimes i find him a bit annoying, hes fucking spot on here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaRlQh4JlYs&feature=player_embedded

the one thing he misses from this, and i admire his point of view i agree with it completely, is that the police aren't out there to protect and serve us anymore, they are sent out like a Star Craft troop movement to 'quell' an uprising of normal people. The more we accept this kind of behavior and parrot the absurd bullshit of 'well they should have moved and no one would have gotten gassed' the worse the police are going to become. I never realized until Iphones came out how much one could use cameras and surveillance as a way to express your power as a citizen. the Police, the city of Oakland, the people who destroy our country DO NOT want the public to see American police trampling over every day normal angry citizens. Which is why they do things like turn off all the street lights before they gas people, they know how evil it is, they just try to hide it as best they can (also why the news chopppers feeds coincidentally cut off right before the gassings too)

Joe Rogan in a vacuum separated from his UFC/man show persona is pretty fucking awesome. The guy owns an Isolation float tank, i mean jesus christ that's like 100 respect points right there

I just listened to a whole bunch of his clips. He sounds like a well meaning bro that's discovered, probably through drug culture, alternative political thinking and knowledge and basic philosophy and is running with it. Underneath it all his information processing abilities are less than breath taking, because you know, he's a bro. But whatever, he means well.

haha thats probably a fair assessment.. when he gets worked up and has a flow going he can be entertaining to listen to tho. he has some good guests on his podcast.. there was great appearance from anthony bourdain where they get into a long conversation about the kennedy assasination while rogan is sitting there smoking weed. he has the author daniel pinchbeck on for one.. grahm hancock was another interesting guest...

heres the pinchbeck one. a lot of relevant topics discussed. this was just prior to OWS tho.

haha thats probably a fair assessment.. when he gets worked up and has a flow going he can be entertaining to listen to tho. he has some good guests on his podcast.. there was great appearance from anthony bourdain where they get into a long conversation about the kennedy assasination while rogan is sitting there smoking weed. he has the author daniel pinchbeck on for one.. grahm hancock was another interesting guest...

heres the pinchbeck one. a lot of relevant topics discussed. this was just prior to OWS tho.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIBeiC6XQow

After i wrote that, i listened to another two hours of the guy. He's alright.

Joe Rogan in a vacuum separated from his UFC/man show persona is pretty fucking awesome. The guy owns an Isolation float tank, i mean jesus christ that's like 100 respect points right there

You can't separate him from that though - he loves mixed martial arts - he's been doing them since high school at least.

Cops randomly attack Berkeley students.

How much longer are we going to allow the police to behave like this?

I think we need to paint big fucking ID numbers on their outfits, and helmets, so that when they are captured on video doing these things, they can be identified. Will obviously never happen though.

[youtubehd]buovLQ9qyWQ&[/youtubehd]

jesus that's annoying smetty.

Those students at Berkeley were great. Stood up but without trying to fight back. That's non-violent protest done properly.

i think the Penn state people were suffering from what's known as cro magnon rage. They were upset a football coach who allowed known sexual molestation to continue on students was fired. It's the same kind of protesting we see after the Radiers win... or loose. But yeah you won't ever see tear gassing or rubber bullets being shot at those because the cops know they aren't a threat to their overall hierarchy or for a prolonged period of time.

I just read a quote in the paper by a UC police captain say that their use of batons was justified because linking arms in resistance is "in itself an act of violence."

Jesus Christ!

I just read a quote in the paper by a UC police captain say that their use of batons was justified because linking arms in resistance is "in itself an act of violence."

Jesus Christ!

that video of the Berkeley students getting rammed with the batons even made the Colbert Report. why aren't any of these cops getting charged?! of course the police are going to protect their own but can't the D.A. or somebody file charges?

Archived