IGNORED

Occupy Oakland confronted with tear gas

awepittance

I think it is also important to define and seperate intentional and purposfal destruction of property from deliquent highschool and stupid college shit from people who perhaps have point to make. what is awkward is when these same people use people to make their point heard over others.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well if the name of a movement is an indication of what it wants to achieve, the occupy movement has achieved almost everything they were hoping to achieve. funny how they aren't occupying the banks or corporations themselves.

Guest disparaissant

Violence begets violence...

and who threw the first stone?

a response to an article like the bullshit awepit posted:

Fuck the person who wrote this article, fuck the person who blogged this article, and fuck everyone who reblogged this article.

It is NOT “macho” to smash windows. At least half the black bloc were women, and many people of color. Have you not heard of Laila Khaled? What about Comandante Ramona? They were fucking soldiers.

Look at every other social movement in the world—will you condemn Egyptians for torching government buildings when by doing that, they are now running their own country instead of living under an oppressive authoritarian regime? Do you think the U.S. left Vietnam because they sat in peaceful protest while the United States blew their heads off? No.

It’s called resistance. I think a huge reason there’s so much “peace policing” happening at this protest is because so many white people—and poc who are fooled into their racist bullshit—are involved. I talked to a “hippy” white man on the way to the docks, and he said: “I don’t have a problem with undercover cops. That’s their job.” Yeah, seriously. Undercover cops have never fucked your shit up because you’re a white man who owns land. But they destroyed black families with crack. They killed Chicano leaders when they were actually starting to get people’s attention.

What the fuck did white liberals ever do for me? My mom couldn’t get welfare anymore because of Bill Clinton. White conservatives? She couldn’t get housing assistance because Bush cut the program that was helping her out. The white man created the circumstances that gave birth to my psychopathic gangster of a father. I don’t owe them shit. I don’t owe them an apology if I smash a fucking window—which I regrettably did not. I don’t owe ANYBODY an apology for exercising my freedom of speech when I write words on a public wall. That’s the people’s wall. It’s my wall. The corporations should be apologizing to us for filling our world with hideous advertisements.

But you are absolutely right: I’m not part of the same 99% as privileged white people who grew up believing the rich white man’s version of history. I’m notpart of the group of poc that have been fooled by the white man’s lies. What the fuck do you have to be angry about? You don’t have a mercedes? You can’t afford 40,000 channels on the Dish anymore? You can’t easily pay for your shitty kids to go to school? Well guess what, my people have been dealing with that for our entire history, and we still are experiencing real oppression.

You don’t understand why preaching nonviolence is racist because you don’t understand violence. You don’t understand what it’s like to live in a place where you might get shot every time you step outside your door. You don’t understand the violence we experience when the police treat the families of criminals, like criminals. You don’t understand the violence I experience every time I turn on the television, and see my people portrayed as either whores, day laborers, or maids. When I fight back, it’s not violence—it’s resistance.

I wish I could say I had more white friends that sympathized, that tried to understand the oppression of my people—but they are few. I love them. I trust them. But I don’t trust the rest of you white people to back up me or my people when we get radical. I don’t fool myself into thinking you’re getting together to change things for me. You do this for you. I’m not part of your 99%, and I don’t want to be.

Maybe I’ll add more to this later.

Guest Ranky Redlof

wow im not the only one realising passive protests usually result in jack shit

this movement needs to be way more agressive imo

but i fear most of the protester are scared of going out of their little comfort zone

BOMB THE BANKS

:cisfor:

but i fear most of the protester are scared of going out of their little comfort zone

BOMB THE BANKS

This is just the beginning. What you're thinking of WILL happen. I'm just curious whether we'll like it when that happens.

Guest disparaissant

yeah you guys are right, peacefully protesting while the police beat the shit out of you and the government continues to not give a shit is definitely the better way of going about this.

yeah you guys are right, peacefully protesting while the police beat the shit out of you and the government continues to not give a shit is definitely the better way of going about this.

What the fuck do you have to be angry about? You don’t have a mercedes? You can’t afford 40,000 channels on the Dish anymore? You can’t easily pay for your shitty kids to go to school?

What the fuck do you have to be angry about? You don’t have a mercedes? You can’t afford 40,000 channels on the Dish anymore? You can’t easily pay for your shitty kids to go to school?

the white man has been holding us down for too long. next time i see a banker on the street, Ill be sure to murder him and mutilate his corpse. Anything to help start the revolution.

Guest disparaissant

heyo false equivalencies

my apologies go to the families of the whole foods windows that were broken

in lieu of flowers, donations may be made in it's name to oakland glaziers, llc.

heyo false equivalencies

my apologies go to the families of the whole foods windows that were broken

in lieu of flowers, donations may be made in it's name to oakland glaziers, llc.

sorry.

lemme rephrase. ill be sure to burn a bank tomorrow. the building deserves it. then the revolution will start.

BOMB THE BANKS

i think its because once you see the police mow protestors down with sonic emitters and other "non-lethal" tactics it will show how pathetic any attempt to protest this existence is. but maybe it can be a good thing...its like v for vendetta, someone innocent has to die first.

so lets say, a 5 year old bystander gets blown up while walking with her mom by a bank. so then the media talks about how the occupy group is now conducting acts of terror, and police start really cracking heads, while conservatives and centrists cheer them on.

oh wait...thats not helpful.

Guest disparaissant

yeah but nothing is helpful according to you guyses standards.

im protesting for faster internets because this what freeleech is wasted on my measly 30 kbps up

Guest disparaissant

for real tho i like how this thread started with how DARE they attack us!?! and is now at how DARE you suggest we fight back!?!?!

Violence begets violence...

and who threw the first stone?

a response to an article like the bullshit awepit posted:

Fuck the person who wrote this article, fuck the person who blogged this article, and fuck everyone who reblogged this article.

It is NOT “macho” to smash windows. At least half the black bloc were women, and many people of color. Have you not heard of Laila Khaled? What about Comandante Ramona? They were fucking soldiers.

Look at every other social movement in the world—will you condemn Egyptians for torching government buildings when by doing that, they are now running their own country instead of living under an oppressive authoritarian regime? Do you think the U.S. left Vietnam because they sat in peaceful protest while the United States blew their heads off? No.

It’s called resistance. I think a huge reason there’s so much “peace policing” happening at this protest is because so many white people—and poc who are fooled into their racist bullshit—are involved. I talked to a “hippy” white man on the way to the docks, and he said: “I don’t have a problem with undercover cops. That’s their job.” Yeah, seriously. Undercover cops have never fucked your shit up because you’re a white man who owns land. But they destroyed black families with crack. They killed Chicano leaders when they were actually starting to get people’s attention.

What the fuck did white liberals ever do for me? My mom couldn’t get welfare anymore because of Bill Clinton. White conservatives? She couldn’t get housing assistance because Bush cut the program that was helping her out. The white man created the circumstances that gave birth to my psychopathic gangster of a father. I don’t owe them shit. I don’t owe them an apology if I smash a fucking window—which I regrettably did not. I don’t owe ANYBODY an apology for exercising my freedom of speech when I write words on a public wall. That’s the people’s wall. It’s my wall. The corporations should be apologizing to us for filling our world with hideous advertisements.

But you are absolutely right: I’m not part of the same 99% as privileged white people who grew up believing the rich white man’s version of history. I’m notpart of the group of poc that have been fooled by the white man’s lies. What the fuck do you have to be angry about? You don’t have a mercedes? You can’t afford 40,000 channels on the Dish anymore? You can’t easily pay for your shitty kids to go to school? Well guess what, my people have been dealing with that for our entire history, and we still are experiencing real oppression.

You don’t understand why preaching nonviolence is racist because you don’t understand violence. You don’t understand what it’s like to live in a place where you might get shot every time you step outside your door. You don’t understand the violence we experience when the police treat the families of criminals, like criminals. You don’t understand the violence I experience every time I turn on the television, and see my people portrayed as either whores, day laborers, or maids. When I fight back, it’s not violence—it’s resistance.

I wish I could say I had more white friends that sympathized, that tried to understand the oppression of my people—but they are few. I love them. I trust them. But I don’t trust the rest of you white people to back up me or my people when we get radical. I don’t fool myself into thinking you’re getting together to change things for me. You do this for you. I’m not part of your 99%, and I don’t want to be.

Maybe I’ll add more to this later.

I'd post an intelligent, thought out response to this, but I've got to go in to get my free upgrade that mercedes gives out to white people.

for real tho i like how this thread started with how DARE they attack us!?! and is now at how DARE you suggest we fight back!?!?!

i think its pretty clear that to engage in open violence against the police without the majority of the country's populous on our side and without proper weaponry/strategy/leadership that the movement would easily be crushed, and retrospectively "prove" to the conservatives why it was right to crack down on it.

you gotta play it smart and slow.

Archived