IGNORED

Occupy Oakland confronted with tear gas

awepittance

for real tho i like how this thread started with how DARE they attack us!?! and is now at how DARE you suggest we fight back!?!?!

i think its pretty clear that to engage in open violence against the police without the majority of the country's populous on our side and without proper weaponry/strategy/leadership that the movement would easily be crushed, and retrospectively "prove" to the conservatives why it was right to crack down on it.

you gotta play it smart and slow.

did the LA Riots successfully lead to legislation to ameliorate the plight of poor Af.Amers in LA?

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest disparaissant

not really a fair comparison considering it was poc rioting and no one gives a shit when poc riot

when was the last time white people had a riot?

I dunno what that has to do with me being white?

(it's a white dude in a mercedes)

(he got off scot free, too)

Guest disparaissant

i guess i should have clarified, when was the last time white people in the states had a riot about something that wasnt a sports team losing

#fwp

If WATMM held a riot it would either be a BoCish/New Age Revival riot (gather together, focus chakras, think angry thoughts about bad people), or an IDM riot (make techno music & repost joke pictures from Reddit).

Guest disparaissant

also what smetty said

If WATMM held a riot it would either be a BoCish/New Age Revival riot (gather together, focus chakras, think angry thoughts about bad people), or an IDM riot (make techno music & repost joke pictures from Reddit).

so you are saying we are presently rioting

Guest disparaissant

damn

im gonna have to keep making more conditions

white people anyone cares about

the 1%?

yes when did they last riot

maybe the black bloc vandals are part of some subversion. however, i read a statistic that said most arrests were people out of town. i think this proves that most of the wilder protesters are there simply for the thrill. the fact that most of the black hoodies were new and unworn may simply mean that regular people who lived in nearby cities wanted to go have some fun and went out and bought their gear. gas mask sales are skyrocketing, some people are even buying military grade ones.

most young people, no matter what they say, are aimless and just want to be a part of something.

I am Occupying the Drum Machine

let's hack soundcloud!

for real tho i like how this thread started with how DARE they attack us!?! and is now at how DARE you suggest we fight back!?!?!

so fighting back is smashing a few windows and setting a few fires. thatll show em.

Guest disparaissant

better than this NAMBY PAMBY PACIFISM STUFF

this movement needs a SUBMARINE is what it needs. screw port closures. GO ALL OUT.

http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/heather/michael-moore-ows-protesters-if-you-see-so

couldn't agree more with this

As he noted, those promoting the Occupy movement don't need violence for it to succeed. Those who want to make sure it fails do. I would hope that's something the general assembly and any of those who put themselves out there as potential spokespersons for the protests in Oakland keep in mind if they don't want to be marginalized after what we saw happen there with the violence this week.

indeed. violence and vandalism are selfish expressions of dissatisfaction, and only serve to prop up romantic (and ultimately, yes, childish) notions of what it means to be a "revolutionary".. which is a cliched term anyway

i was watching an interview with alejandro jodorowsky the other day and he said something to the effect of how revolutions are completely useless. they just replace the old guard with an equally corrupt new guard. we need not revolution, but mutation. a mutation of consciousness. i couldnt agree with him more.

i was watching an interview with alejandro jodorowsky the other day and he said something to the effect of how revolutions are completely useless. they just replace the old guard with an equally corrupt new guard. we need not revolution, but mutation. a mutation of consciousness. i couldnt agree with him more.

this.

it's so frustrating to read about people believing in violence. I'm not sure what can be said to them to convince them otherwise. my guess is that people who want to use violence are either 1. completely surrounded by it, and that is all that they can offer (and thus will carry it with them, even after any "success" in achieving their goals) or 2. completely fucking naive as to what real violence is, what it is to live it, and to have it inflicted upon you. if you use violence, you invite it... and do you really want to live your life in a war zone? rubber bullets and tear gas is so fucking low on the violence scale, when you look at what COULD be done... if it really escalates to a violent revolution...

also, stop referencing v for vendetta, and wearing guy fawkes masks. please.

this.

it's so frustrating to read about people believing in violence. I'm not sure what can be said to them to convince them otherwise. my guess is that people who want to use violence are either 1. completely surrounded by it, and that is all that they can offer (and thus will carry it with them, even after any "success" in achieving their goals) or 2. completely fucking naive as to what real violence is, what it is to live it, and to have it inflicted upon you. if you use violence, you invite it... and do you really want to live your life in a war zone? rubber bullets and tear gas is so fucking low on the violence scale, when you look at what COULD be done... if it really escalates to a violent revolution...

also, stop referencing v for vendetta, and wearing guy fawkes masks. please.

i was referring to v for vendetta in support of the statement you just said in this post. please.

for the 4586897th time, if there is to be any hope for the occupy movement to succeed, it must continue to hold the moral high ground. they do not have the guns to match the cops, but they do have the capacity to generate sympathy amongst the remnants of the population who can be spurred to action in their own right. violence from the occupy people distorts and can potentially shatter that image of the moral high ground.

i agree.. tho even in some parallel universe where all the occupiers did have guns, the majority still wouldnt use them.

im all for the v for vendetta masks. but only in relation to the masterpiece comic and not the shitty sell out film that moore had nothing to do with and denounced. i remember reading that he felt "proud" of all the kids wearing the masks while protesting scientology...

you're saying it in support of what I said, has nothing to do with the fact that it's annoying as shit. i just keep hearing about v for vendetta, and I see the masks everywhere. this isn't fiction, this is life. take your masks off, show who you are, and be proud that you're a part of this movement. please.

and I know it was a comic book, but I'm fairly certain that the majority of kids wearing the mask never read the comic.

Archived