IGNORED

Occupy Oakland confronted with tear gas

awepittance

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest disparaissant

it cost them over a million dollars to do that

and oakland shut down 5 elementary schools today because of budget cuts.

usa!

number one!

this is foxnews' front page for U.S. news right now

http://www.foxnews.com/us/index.html

if you click on the link, take a second to look at the comments.

note where the placement of the tear gas video is.

OWS will not be successful in and of itself. Something else has to happen to convince this side of the aisle that the problem is bigger than a political party.

Guest disparaissant

i don't think they will, i think they will just continue to use less lethal means until everyone is dead "by accident."

Its going to be funny watching all you Libbies starve while trying to fend off the thugs in the city...

I don't have a real OWS stuffed and mounted yet....maybe some day...

Where is the Tea Party?

Not a word from that fringe group. Why is that? No food and entertainment being provided so none of them show up?

and the reply to the above quote:

We're too busy getting our ammo ready to clean our neighborhoods once and for all.

If you think these people are joking or exaggerating, you have never been in a rural area south of the Mason-Dixon line. This shit is fucking scary.

Guest disparaissant

no i mean they are definitely joking/exaggerating. it's swagger. there's not going to be a concerted vigilante movement going around shooting liberals. maybe a few nuts here and there, maybe a bombing like mcvey, but they are certainly exaggerating.

it doesn't make it less scary, really, because it's freaky that there are people like that out there, but its not actually literal.

Then you wonder why the rest of the world sees you as a joke...

lol no i dont.

no i mean they are definitely joking/exaggerating. it's swagger. there's not going to be a concerted vigilante movement going around shooting liberals. maybe a few nuts here and there, maybe a bombing like mcvey, but they are certainly exaggerating.

it doesn't make it less scary, really, because it's freaky that there are people like that out there, but its not actually literal.

lol no i dont.

you ever met a survivalist? members of a state militia? you don't think the majority of the radical right-wing are better armed and trained than the rest of the country, when blows come to blows? you don't think they would pursue these actions if the political climate allows them the chance?

http://www.guardian....ridge-shootings

how many right-wingers do you think sympathized with those murdered in this situation? extrapolate that to a national level.

This is the second Civil War all the neo-Confederate and history junkies have been praying for for the past 100 years, and FOX and all the other media networks feed into the polemicist rage.

just for more food for thought, look at any recent polls over whether people still believe Obama is not a naturalized American citizen, or if people think he is a "secret muslim." This shit is no joke, and its quick approaching the boiling point. I know everyone is probably assuming im getting bent out of shape for nothing, but take the long view. The exposure is going to happen sooner or later.

There needs to be a way to reach across ideological lines to show that everyone is getting robbed.

i was in downtown oakland earlier that day, noticed the crowd had been uprooted and watched a horde of cops roll in on motorcycles. felt like i was walking through city 17. i didn't stick around for the fireworks, but damn. this is some surreal shit.

First thought when seeing that video was exactly what SR4 said: Wonder how long it will be until someone gets shot.

What's shitty is that it did look to be a peaceful rally (though i do think that none of the protestors should wear masks, especially not the Guy Fawkes masks - not that really has anything to do with violence, but it's more about the perceived threat) - there is no reason for the cops to shut it down. Good PR move, putting the vets out in front of the police.

As to the extremists talking about shooting liberals - I gotta say, I kind of think that while here are certainly some who will have no issues with shooting other people, the vast majority of internet swagger, is simply that - internet swagger.

Anyways - I hope that all you guys stay safe, and if shit gets bad, book it up to Canada - even you sup.

so will this escalate from here or die down completely as soon as the weather gets too cold / snowy? i mean, it seems like a big deal right now and i hope it can bring about some change, but yeah, does anyone even remember this?

lol no i dont.

you ever met a survivalist? members of a state militia? you don't think the majority of the radical right-wing are better armed and trained than the rest of the country, when blows come to blows? you don't think they would pursue these actions if the political climate allows them the chance?

http://www.guardian....ridge-shootings

how many right-wingers do you think sympathized with those murdered in this situation? extrapolate that to a national level.

This is the second Civil War all the neo-Confederate and history junkies have been praying for for the past 100 years, and FOX and all the other media networks feed into the polemicist rage.

just for more food for thought, look at any recent polls over whether people still believe Obama is not a naturalized American citizen, or if people think he is a "secret muslim." This shit is no joke, and its quick approaching the boiling point. I know everyone is probably assuming im getting bent out of shape for nothing, but take the long view. The exposure is going to happen sooner or later.

There needs to be a way to reach across ideological lines to show that everyone is getting robbed.

it seems like you're the only one who understands it..on watmm at least.

everything else you posted is a ridiculous hyperbole though, you'll realize it yourself soon enough.

Guest disparaissant

I do think you're taking it a bit too far smetty. Yes, those people are crazy. Yes, they are well armed. Yes, there is a chance they will go apeshit and try to kill a bunch of people. But it's a pretty slight chance, I don't really see that happening. In this case they're on the side of the government anyways.

Archived