IGNORED

more art: atelier olschinsky

keltoi

not that i dig gursky that much - and i do LIKE those drawings (?) you posted there - but HOW can you say that this is art when it's obviously so clichéd, derivative and gimmicky and at the same time call gursky "art", with big fat moron doublequotes as in "oh big fuckin deal, i can take better pictures of the rhine any day". watmms taste in art is so fucking prehistoric it hurts.

lol at you getting all artfag precious about some quotes when you basically agree with me. i don't represent "watmm's taste" btw, only my own. i haven't suggested they are highly conceptual or particularly deep or thought provoking, i just like the aesthetics of them. and they are more than just drawings are they not? i take it you're pretty young and haven't realised different strokes yet? that boring photo does absolutely nothing for me whereas i'd happily have these £90 prints on my wall and admire them daily.

basically, it's art cos i said it is and it's "art" cos i said it is. how about that?

you can stroke whatever pleases you. now in this particular area (for me) you do represent watmm. everyone here is always on the lookout for that cutting edge ultra-weirdo "OMG what are you listening to, that sounds like a MATRIX"-electronica but if it comes to painting and photography you all (sorry for generalizing, i know there are exceptions) sound like my grandma (or sup). i basically agree with you insofar that these pictures are "nice to look at". an ikea catalogue is also nice to look at.

everyone here is always on the lookout for that cutting edge ultra-weirdo "OMG what are you listening to, that sounds like a MATRIX"-electronica

lol of the day for me.

you can stroke whatever pleases you. now in this particular area (for me) you do represent watmm. everyone here is always on the lookout for that cutting edge ultra-weirdo "OMG what are you listening to, that sounds like a MATRIX"-electronica but if it comes to painting and photography you all (sorry for generalizing, i know there are exceptions) sound like my grandma (or sup). i basically agree with you insofar that these pictures are "nice to look at". an ikea catalogue is also nice to look at.

Deftly, the troll sets her bait, waiting for the forum denizens to be ensnared in its obvious clutches.

The problem with this is that back in the time your grandma was your age, there were people around that would have liked the art that you consider cutting edge now. Does that make that art timeless then? Or perhaps it helps define a subspecies of human that will always like things because they are considered 'cutting edge'.

I understand that art can be lumped into that monstrous ever cycling and recycling machine called fashion. So be careful that you don't latch on too tightly to the cutting edge of today, as you'll be discarded by tomorrow's hipsters before you know what happened. Therefore, just go for something that is aesthetically pleasing, not something that appears conceptually novel to your as yet less than cynical eyes . Be it an ikea catalogue or an highly detailed piece of hard work line drawing cityscape.

Deftly, the troll sets her bait, waiting for the forum denizens to be ensnared in its obvious clutches.

i couldn't wait to dive in. ;-]

oh come on now

we're all artfags underneath

grouphug

totally, that's why we're here having this conversation. hah !! /hugs

my favorite art is Bruegel cause its just at that line of detailed oil painting, anything before hasn't really grasped depth of field, but its old enough to make me feel like Im looking at an ancient photo

Guest Coalbucket PI

my cool pictures siren went off initially but then the sound was drowned out by my arsehole alert foghorn blaring at maximum volume

Archived