IGNORED

Occupy Thread

J3FF3R00

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

but they were blocking a walkway!~!!!!!

fuuuck, that video was horrifying. the cops have a helpful phrase when they hear things like 'civil disobedience' it's a term that sounds technical and somewhat 'ok' called 'pain compliance', what it really is is physical torture. You cause so much intolerable physical pain in the person who is protesting that they are unable to protest. It's the same new police state tactic of tasering somebody for asking John Kerry too long of a question or pepper spraying someone at a traffic stop for refusing to sign a parking ticket.

A professor from UC Davis is calling for the immediate resignation of the schools chancellor for bringing in riot police to a non-violent protest

https://bicyclebarri...nda-p-b-katehi/

what a badass.

is it true that OWS is preparing to have a national assembly? any further info on this would be greatly appreciated.

That's gonna be one hell of a human microphone....;)

some good to come out of all of this is that i hear a lot of 'normal' people these days throwing around the term police-state as kind of a matter of fact thing. At least you aren't looked as some kind of fringe leftist for using terms like that anymore

no i don't, im not personally following much of what happens at the general assembly. I'd rather just hear afterwards what they decide. Last time i tried to suggest occupying the Obama re-election headquarters but my idea got shot down.

Last time i tried to suggest occupying the Obama re-election headquarters but my idea got shot down.

lol expand on this. i need to know its not just paranoia.

i dont think at least at this point the OWS movement has any desire to take the fight directly to the any serving politician beyond Jean Quann, i mean look at NY the protesters there are very hesitant to actually use the words 'recall mayor bloomberg'. There seems to be a certain power or sway (Even though they havent coopted ityet) that the DNC have over the way OWS behaves. I say this in the most basic sense. For example there is so much teamster and mainstream union involvement already (who are themselves entrenched heavily in the official democratic party) that it's going to be difficult to actually get a lot of the movement to go after Obama on anything, at least not until 2012, but who knows if it will still exist then. At this point i think it's an extremely important step for OWS to show that this crosses party lines, and that it understands that corporate wellfare and power could not exist at the level it does without high up government collusion.

If you want go at the most visible source of wall street corrupting our government as it currently stands, one has to look no further than the Obama whitehouse cabinet including Larry Summers and Tim Gietner. There isn't much debate that Obama is one of the most funded by wall-street presidential candidates in our history, and it's about time the OWS movement starts saying this outloud.

hehe its official, time to lay off the weed. but call me paranoid, but id be highly surprised if the occupy movement hadnt been infiltrated by the department of homeland security.

holy crap David Icke, did the OWS movement temporarily turn you into a compassionate mostly sane sounding person?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VICEwwilk-Q

for those unfamiliar with Luke, he's been a very prolific ambush journalist in NY for the past few years, he's managed to get int he face ob Mayor Bloomberg a few times. A lot of people dismiss him because he's a 9/11 truther, but his guerilla journalism is something to be admired, the guy has balls of steel.

just wanted to drop there isn't much coverage about the ows movement here in france. Since it has begun i only read one article about (I don't read everything though). We get more news from the Tahrir square.

just wanted to drop there isn't much coverage about the ows movement here in france. Since it has begun i only read one article about (I don't read everything though). We get more news from the Tahrir square.

that's probably cause they're actually slaughtering people there.

Archived