IGNORED

Anyone hear about this Internet censorship bill??

tontonz1

Apparently it's being reviewed today, there's a video on the website that will help you understand it's purpose

Http://Americancensorship.org

Heard this on fb, came here to see outrage in teh wattums

Sadly, there is no rage nor topic on this!?!

Amurricaaaaaaa the freeeeeeeeee(with exceptions to websites that meddle with piracy so more people will buy movies)eeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I doubt this will get passed, but there's always a bullshitty chance.

ok

INTERNET SEARCH ENGINES- A provider of an Internet search engine shall take technically feasible and reasonable measures, as expeditiously as possible, but in any case within 5 days after being served with a copy of the order, or within such time as the court may order, designed to prevent the foreign infringing site that is subject to the order, or a portion of such site specified in the order, from being served as a direct hypertext link.

(i) IN GENERAL- A service provider shall take technically feasible and reasonable measures designed to prevent access by its subscribers located within the United States to the foreign infringing site (or portion thereof) that is subject to the order, including measures designed to prevent the domain name of the foreign infringing site (or portion thereof) from resolving to that domain name’s Internet Protocol address. Such actions shall be taken as expeditiously as possible, but in any case within 5 days after being served with a copy of the order, or within such time as the court may order.

say goodbye to sites like Wikileaks

the fact that they are asking companies to take such drastic measures against copyright infringement at least in my mind means this would effortlessly open the door for measures taken against things more illegal or 'threatening to national security' than copyright infringement

from what I've read, it sounds like it's going to pass....

Thanks for shitting on my day.

jk jk, luv u kcinsu. Still though, that will be fucked up if it passes ;(

ok

INTERNET SEARCH ENGINES- A provider of an Internet search engine shall take technically feasible and reasonable measures, as expeditiously as possible, but in any case within 5 days after being served with a copy of the order, or within such time as the court may order, designed to prevent the foreign infringing site that is subject to the order, or a portion of such site specified in the order, from being served as a direct hypertext link.

(i) IN GENERAL- A service provider shall take technically feasible and reasonable measures designed to prevent access by its subscribers located within the United States to the foreign infringing site (or portion thereof) that is subject to the order, including measures designed to prevent the domain name of the foreign infringing site (or portion thereof) from resolving to that domain name’s Internet Protocol address. Such actions shall be taken as expeditiously as possible, but in any case within 5 days after being served with a copy of the order, or within such time as the court may order.

say goodbye to sites like Wikileaks

the fact that they are asking companies to take such drastic measures against copyright infringement at least in my mind means this would effortlessly open the door for measures taken against things more illegal or 'threatening to national security' than copyright infringement

shared this on FB - no-one seems to care. I bet if I dropped an "Assange" or "WikiLeaks" in there, there'd be an outcry (by "outcry", I mean "like"). And I agree, it's going to be seamless to take this from its current (questionable) status against "copyright infringement" to our proposed web filter at home (Australia). I guess people will get the point when they can no longer post that Journey song over their YouTube video diary

im not exactly sure how does it work? i read something on the web it sounds like not a firewall but a thing where a person could threatan someone then othere ppl (like adversiters/master card) shut them down with money blocking. but what about when its all out of the money system???????????

When being flamed online, its no longer about convicts but about censorship. What will they flame us with now? Maybe it will go back to convicts.

This act is as stupid as it is evil. The last thing it will do is stop online piracy.

Fuck off MPAA, IRAA, USCC etc.

i guarantee you this bill is not designed to prevent piracy, and that its true nature is much more sinister.

So i got an email about this from a petition site I signed, that said:

"Nobody thought it could be done, but it looks like we've turned the tide against the Internet Blacklist Bill.  Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi just spoke out against it, and Republican Darrell Issa says it now stands "no chance of passage"!

It's been a show of force like no other: More than 700k anti-censorship contacts have been delivered to Congress so far this week, as the Blacklsit Bill gets heard in committee.

What an amazing couple of days -- let's top it off, and spread the great news!  

Please send one more message to Congress -- even if you already have -- touting our numbers and telling them they need to back down.  Let's make it clear that the Internet has risen up, and won't back down until Congress heeds our calls."

I haven't heard anything else beyond this though (yesterday afternoon).

Anyone?

Archived