IGNORED

Shigeto - Lineage

Redruth

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest interr0bangr

This is out now... anyone hear the whole thing?

Full album stream here: http://www.prefixmag.com/news/stream-shigetos-lineage-mini-album/61148/

Upon first listen, it's OK but I'm not blown away.

Seems a bit too noodley, abstract and directionless for me. Wish there was a little bit more of the edge and loose structure we saw on Full Circle. It actually sounds alot like the stuff on Project Mooncircle, which is either a good or bad thing depending on your tastes. The last 2 tracks are the best in my opinion.

Thanks for the opinions... I was on the fence about this one (not too excited for it) and thought it was a bit pricey for 30 mins. of music. Anyways, I'll pass :)

Guest interr0bangr

I've given it a few more listens and it's started to sink in.

It's definitely a good mix of ideas and sounds in the same vein as Teebs, Asura, Pause/Rounds era Four Tet, Balam Acab, e*vax and recent Samiyam.

I'm really, really diggin' on this release; more I listen, the more it grows on me.

For Shigeto fans, here's a link to the trailer that#'s running on vimeo for the EP. The track he's playing is one he did with A Setting Sun for one of their collabs., but it's worth seeing for the drumming alone:

http://vimeo.com/35656221

Guest interr0bangr

Yeah, it's really grown on me. Especially after Prologue/Lineage which is in my opinion the weakest track of the bunch.

Preordered the Red vinyl.

I've actually been listening to some of Shigeto's previous releases to Full Circle, where I first noticed him. 'What We Held On To' is fast becoming one of my favourite EP's ever, and the track 'After The Smoke' is just sublime, especially the synth line that kicks in at 2:05. It's also got the best use of sniffing as sample ever:

Archived