IGNORED

Underworld - The Anthology 1992-2012

eh Speedy

ANTHOLOGY_web.jpg

digital: Dec. 4th, 2011 / 3xCD: Jan. 23rd, 2012

3rd disc is amazing rarities from all time periods.

Disc 1:

1. Big Mouth

2. Mmm Skyscraper I Love You

3. Rez

4. Cowgirl

5. Spikee

6. Dirty Epic

7. Dark and Long (Dark Train)

Disc 2:

8. Born Slippy (Nuxx)

9. Pearls Girl

10. Jumbo

11. 8 Ball

12. Moaner

13. Two Months Off

14. To Heal

15. Crocodile

16. Scribble

Disc 3 (unreleased tracks and rarities):

17. The Hump (First ever release by Smith/Hyde/Emerson on the Tomato Recording Label. First time available on CD or digitally)

18. Big Meat Show (A staple of early live shows but never released on any format until now)

19. Minneapolis (The B-side of Lemon Interupt's Dirty 12. This is the rare full length version, first time available digitally)

20. Why Why Why (The B-side of the pink vinyl issue of Rez. Only previously available in it's full length on Japanese import)

21. Oich Oich (Originally release only on Pearl's Girl EP on Wax Trax/TVT/Junior Boys Own)

22. Second Hand (Specially recorded for the first and original Ibiza chill out album - Cafe del Mar Volume 1)

23. Parc (A live track - previously only release in Japan)

24. Simple Peal (Bonus track on Japanese edition of Barking)

25. JAL To Tokyo (Only ever release on vinyl and as part of the Riverrun series of digital-only EPs)

Hmm.. considering ive already got everything on the first 2 discs and 3 of the rarities, I dont think I will bother.

A great release though for people who only think of Born Slippy when they think of Underworld, should help win them plenty more fans ahead of their Olympic shindig.

I think there's only Simple Peal I haven't got or heard in some form or another.

Ditto (well and Parc as well), and it's a bit cheeky since it's 99% an identical collection to this:

41TcgQZ4JML._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Exactly. I've heard they have 100's of unreleased tracks, yet they wheel out a load of stuff most of have heard before for CD3. I guess I'm over them.

I think there's only Simple Peal I haven't got or heard in some form or another.

Ditto (well and Parc as well), and it's a bit cheeky since it's 99% an identical collection to this:

Yeah I got this a while ago, as I was late to underworld (apart from the trainspotting soundtrack) & heard that most of their stuff started going downhill after they went down to 2 members.

Just copped that rarities 3rd disc through the magic of the internets, hopefully some gems up in dere.

Ditto (well and Parc as well), and it's a bit cheeky since it's 99% an identical collection to this: 41TcgQZ4JML._SL500_AA300_.jpg

They took out the original Dirty, Push Upstairs and Shudder/King of Snake and added To Heal, Crocodile and Scribble to the first 2 discs. I'm all about that 3rd disc though cause I'm into physical formats. I've wanted many of those tracks for quite a while now having so far avoided the Japanese imports.

Cash grab? Oh my Jesuschrist, it's 10 fucking years later, like they they aren't allowed. A Goddamn whole bonus disc for the 10 year olds isn't enough? Gimme your addy; I'll wrap up my busted alternator and post it your way.

never liked Underworld. rubbish music.

blatant cash grab is blatantly grabbing for your cash.

i already bought the original 1992-2002 cd, funnily enough, in 2002.

this new release is very cheeky.

this new release is shit.

Yeah I got this a while ago, as I was late to underworld (apart from the trainspotting soundtrack) & heard that most of their stuff started going downhill after they went down to 2 members.

Just copped that rarities 3rd disc through the magic of the internets, hopefully some gems up in dere.

Agreed, except Beautiful Burnout, I love that track. They haven't even bothered to include it here

underworld is awesome guys. sorry.

i already have the 1992-02 collection...this seems superfluous.

even if their overall quality has declined...they still...

i mean...

cmon...the subtle sustained chord cloud at the end of Scribble? how is that not beautiful....rave like the old days!!

Archived