IGNORED

Burial - Kindred EP

chassis

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm actually growing a bit weary of Burials recent insistence of releasing 2-3 track EP's. This year we had Street Halo, Ego/Mirror, Mass Attack Remixes, and now Kindred. This could have easily been an LP itself. He could have not released Kindred as an EP and had the tracks go straight to an LP.

Being one of the few artists who actually had a successful sophmore release after his debut (arguably, even a more successful sophmore release), I have a feeling his paranoia of failing is getting the best of him. I can't really blame him for being so apprehensive. I think he's been testing the waters with these EP's, otherwise he would have followed suit and released an LP after his first EP as he did with Distant Lights and Ghost Hardware EP's. However, I still think he won us over with Street Halo, didn't need to go down the EP route again.

Music is music, and I'm happy with whatever Burial has put out thus far, hell Stolen Dog was probably my favorite song of 2011, but I'm getting worried that he'll drop an LP in 2012 composed of all his EP's, and then we will have to wait another 5 years for something new. I'm completely convinced the London riots this year were not over the price hike in education but the lack of a Burial LP.

I'm actually growing a bit weary of Burials recent insistence of releasing 2-3 track EP's. This year we had Street Halo, Ego/Mirror, Mass Attack Remixes, and now Kindred. This could have easily been an LP itself. He could have not released Kindred as an EP and had the tracks go straight to an LP.

Being one of the few artists who actually had a successful sophmore release after his debut (arguably, even a more successful sophmore release), I have a feeling his paranoia of failing is getting the best of him. I can't really blame him for being so apprehensive. I think he's been testing the waters with these EP's, otherwise he would have followed suit and released an LP after his first EP as he did with Distant Lights and Ghost Hardware EP's. However, I still think he won us over with Street Halo, didn't need to go down the EP route again.

Music is music, and I'm happy with whatever Burial has put out thus far, hell Stolen Dog was probably my favorite song of 2011, but I'm getting worried that he'll drop an LP in 2012 composed of all his EP's, and then we will have to wait another 5 years for something new. I'm completely convinced the London riots this year were not over the price hike in education but the lack of a Burial LP.

I can't think of anyone that just re-releases EPs as LPs. And from what Kode 9 says, Burial makes a lot more music than we are lead to believe, he's just super selective about what he releases. Maybe he's building up an epic arsenal of tracks that flow seamlessly like Untrue. Or he'll just give us more great stuff.

one of the oddest things about burial to me is his supposed anonymiity was made a big deal of at the beginning, he finally admitted who he was and seemingly had no reason of hiding it in the first place. There was no ethos behind it say with The Residents or Zoviet France, he did it just because kind fo like Zomby

At least with Burial he doesn't take part in interviews and sniggers at his fan base with the amount of unreleased music he has which they won't hear. Or that he has as this great music which only his mates listen too.

He quietly gets on with his thing and releases quality music and I like that. Like Aphex without all the lies and mocking.

Respect

Guest ruiagnelo

At least with Burial he doesn't take part in interviews and sniggers at his fan base with the amount of unreleased music he has which they won't hear. Or that he has as this great music which only his mates listen too.

He quietly gets on with his thing and releases quality music and I like that. Like Aphex without all the lies and mocking.

Respect

i respect both artists and their attitude towards the media. i consider both to be role models.

in the end, the music is all that matters. even tho the media won't want you believing so.

lazy ass art again

i like the plain HD label

are you talking about the cover art or the music itself, jules? I know you don't like the buriel

the hd cover art. burial has completely won me over.

burial has completely won me over.

and how did that happen?

I've always liked Burial, I'm just a sucker for sad melodies. don't listen to it too often though.

I don't know it just clicked one day and I became infatuated. when I don't like something I try not to just write it off like I used to. I go back to it a few times to see if I'm missing something, if my tastes change or if I really don't like it. I do this with food too. some of my favorite things to eat now are things I hated years ago.

I think it was one day at work for burial. it was rainy out and I was really into a design project and I had all of burial on shuffle and it just fit perfectly with what was going on. my designs, the music, the mood of the studio, the weather, it was all just in sync and I never looked back.

Guest ruiagnelo

It is music for depressed people and pot heads. If you are a combination of both, the effect is intensified ten fold.

It's not.

It can even be meditating music. It's so relaxing.

Like Jules said, it needs the right mood, not the right words to be described.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

I'm completely convinced the London riots this year were not over the price hike in education but the lack of a Burial LP.

whilst you are obviously joking i feel a need to point out that the riots were not over tuition hikes or even close.

I'm completely convinced the London riots this year were not over the price hike in education but the lack of a Burial LP.

whilst you are obviously joking i feel a need to point out that the riots were not over tuition hikes or even close.

Fair enough. However, the other options were not as lol-worthy.

Lets get back on topic, because I need this music RIGHT NOW.

the impact of the first two lp was devastatingly powerful. following directly with the same pattern of ep / lp would have been slightly dubious, not just considering the work, but also the climate of the community and their unreliable reaction at any given time to such delicate and personal musics. burial will undoubtedly be well received regardless however, this series of smaller releases and remixes etcetera first, is very tactical move

Archived