IGNORED

Lorn - Drugs EP

chassis

some of the best trax on here are from Dolor, like the first one on Grid // Tacks, and the third one on Volume Unit // Cases which I absolutely can't stop replaying.

Dolor really should be bigger.

Dolor: his releases are spotty at best. I'd guess he overthinks the 'albums' and they end up overdrawn and a bit boring.

Lorn: Vessel, the album he released at the very end of December, is killer. I didn't care much for Ask the Dust, but I think he had an album or two out before that I've maybe never heard? There's also his Self Confidence releases which are free online, essentially just beat tapes, though there's some small gems in them.

yea I meant dolor's album. I have everything lorn except for one of those killer metal tees he used to have. he's one of my favorites for sure.

Dolor: his releases are spotty at best. I'd guess he overthinks the 'albums' and they end up overdrawn and a bit boring.

I don't agree.

he does add a lot more ambience and space to his music, it's not just beats all the time. I think some of that has rubbed off on Lorn actually, especially with Vessel.

yea I thought vessel was closer to his soundtrack work than anything. still waiting on the proper follow up to ask the dust, which I thought was absolutely superb.

A bit more variation in these three new tracks. I like. There was some funk going on somewhere in VOLUME UNIT. Both of them complement each other's sound so, so well. Gotta listen to Gun City again.

IMO the Maze to Nowhere releases from Lorn are gold.

• 6 years later...

bumping just cos. these were so great and occupy a special time and place in my mind/personal history.

DRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGS  4 ever

Edited by usagi
  • Like 2