IGNORED

Scuba - Personality

kirm

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that's a good thing because i see his music as being a lot more than that, like it sits at the junction of a lot of different genres all while sounding very natural and mindful of current trends (without giving in completely to those trends)

yeah think i read somewhere him saying thats what the title Triangulation was all about, him seeing his music as the meeting point between techno, dubstep and d&b.

I thought adrenalin was still pretty cool but would be dissapointed if he did a whole album in that more staightfoward house style, pretty sure he will be mixing things up again though and either way I'm sure it will be a good album.

• 2 weeks later...

^ agreed on Adrenalin - while I haven't given up on it yet, it still seems incredibly bland compared to Triangulation.

In a way I feel bad for the guys who were making good, interesting music on the fringes of UK bass (Scuba, Martyn, et al.) but can't go near it with a 10-foot pole thanks to the (m)assplosion / exploitation of you know what... seems like they're all retreating to safe havens of "classic" techno/house sounds in an effort to maintain artistic integrity. Granted both SCB and Martyn have cred in those circles, it just isn't the best formula for making records with any amount of staying power...

Anyway I don't have high expectations but am open to the prospect of being pleasantly surprised.

I actually like the turn people like Martyn or Scuba have taken. Using more classic club elements, mingling them with their style. Adrenaline is not the best example, but tracks like Martyn's Popgun or Scuba's Loss or even better Feel It are very special for me. And a lot of people can enjoy them which is a good thing, or not?

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

sounds pretty fucking good to me. especially after hearing that new clark track. reminds me of klf a bit. i'm down

• 4 weeks later...

Just checking out the album now. All I can say is I've been massively impressed by Scuba's output to date. For me he just seems to hit so many right buttons.

Listen to the first track and I gotta say I love it.

Archived