Coppice Halifax & Submersion - Dilate / Erode

Mellow U

1898826513-1.jpg

COPPICE HALIFAX & SUBMERSION

DILATE / ERODE

MILIEU MUSIC / ABX11 / 2012

FIRST EDITION OF 50 (SOLD OUT)

SECOND EDITION OF 50

Along with several other current and forthcoming Coppice Halifax releases, this split project with Submersion ushers in a fresh and unique approach to techno as a genre. Combining elements of heavy drones, field recordings and excessive analog processing with throbbing kick-drum rhythms, dense compression and dubby chord punctuations, Dilate/Erode is a massive exercise in deep sonic exploration and experimentation. Sometimes, as atonal as it is musical, meandering chords drift around icy textures and windy hums as a bass pulses metronomically like a heartbeat heard inside the womb. The two artists' contributions intertwine so seamlessly and naturally that one might be hard pressed to tell the difference without a tracklist, and special attention has been given to creating an immersive atmosphere over and under the songs using mutated field recordings by both artists. Presented in a very limited edition of just 50 copies, with the first 25 containing an exclusive second CD-R of the field recordings and atmospheres minus the music.

LISTEN OR BUY FOR $12

Musically, this album would likely appeal to any fans of GAS, early Vladislav Delay, and any kind of womblike longform ambient techno. The first 50 copies sold out overnight, so Submersion and I put together a slightly different second edition of 50 to keep up with the demand! Thanks to anyone here who already bought this release!

This sounds completely ace and lovely. Will there be a download version for sale at some point?

Yes, just as soon as we're sold out of the physical component, which - at this rate - will probably be soon!

Guest Lucy Faringold

Nice one. Gotta admit I've been sleeping on your stuff for way too long; clicking around your bandcamp page just now though and man, you've got so much great stuff! Really impressive.

Thanks a lot! I definitely have written and released an overwhelming amount of stuff, so don't hurry yourself through it too much. If you're curious about anything or have any questions, feel free to hit me.

Archived