IGNORED

Sunn O))) June Tour

kichiguy

http://www.ideologic...kline0612eu.jpg

Sunn O))) tour dates:

MON 11 JUNE MANCHESTER – THE RITZ

TUE 12 JUNE LONDON – KOKO (with Nurse With Wound)

THUR 14 JUNE HOLLAND – AMSTERDAM – MELKWEG (with Aluk Todolo)

FRI 15 JUNE BELGIUM – HOBOKEN – FORT 8 (with Aluk Todolo)

SAT 16 JUNE FRANCE – PARIS – GAITE LYRIQUE (with Aluk Todolo)

SUN 17 JUNE – FRANCE – CLISSON – HELLFEST

http://www.ideologic.org/news

It's basically ambient drone with power chords tuned super low so if you can tolerate ambient music styles then this is sort of a similar vibe...just not all feel goody blissful ambient.

• 4 weeks later...

I saw them once but i'll never forget,

Stoned like hell i was and it sounded and felt like a huge lawn mower driving over me, for an hour, in a very nice way!

Merzbow also played that day it was pretty heavy

i have the album they played but it can never top the feeling when i experienced them live,

i highly recommend you go see them if they play near you

Guest Brian Sweeney Fitzgerald

They're also performing in Brighton on Sunday 10th June at Coalition if anyone is interested, tickets available here

Guest couch

anybody like to recommend a reliable pair of earplugs to withstand 6 amplifier stacks worth of sunn blast. i have a feeling my travel foam ones wont quite cut it..

I use Hearos for playing with bands. Specifically these:

https://www.hearos.c...y-ear-plugs-311

Get em at music/band stores. Clean them after each use with a klenex or something. Not sure how much they would help at a Sunn gig. The most noticeable difference for me when I have them in is it cuts out high frequencies like cymbals and very sharp ear piercing guitar notes.

Guest Brian Sweeney Fitzgerald

They're also performing in Brighton on Sunday 10th June at Coalition if anyone is interested, tickets available here

worst venue for live music ever

Definately, it's sort of putting me off going tbh. Even if it is Sunn O))), there's no point seeing them where the acoustics are absolute shit, a pint costs over £4 and you're pratically walking around in other people's piss.

EDIT: Just noticed it's being run by One Inch Badge, which explains why booking such a shit venue.

• 3 months later...

Didn't see this! I went to Sunn in Amsterdam last thursday. It was the most intense concert I've ever experienced. I was really sceptical of everyone saying it's the loudest show ever, but I can confirm it for myself now it´s one of the loudest, my ears still rang the day after even though I wore fairly good earplugs the whole night. I guess it was a typical Sunn show, but what an experience. All the fog, Attila, the lightshow and the drones... a friend of mine joined us without ever hearing them and I only told him it would be something you have to experience at least once in your life. He was totally off the map after the show, even more blown away than I was.

How is Nurse With Wound live? I saw Aluk Todolo before Sunn, they were pretty good but I wasn't really in the mood yet for 1-riff-per-10-minutes-black-metal with stoner influences.

How is Nurse With Wound live? I saw Aluk Todolo before Sunn, they were pretty good but I wasn't really in the mood yet for 1-riff-per-10-minutes-black-metal with stoner influences.

The first twenty mins or so were great...NWW soundscapes with treated guitar, samplers etc. It was all sounding immense until they were joined on stage by some joker on vocals and a fucking kazoo...cringe worthy stuff really which almost ruined the set for me. Luckily he was only on briefly. They then switched things up and cranked out two longish beat/guitar driven jams. Parts of it were surprisingly accessible and it was pretty refreshing to see these guys work together as a band in the conventional sense.

nww3-124x300.jpg

I guess I enjoyed NWW for the most part, but I cant help but feel like a space music/lilith styled NWW would have been a more fitting prelude to Sunn, who were fucking amazing..but you already know that ;)

Archived