IGNORED

Have you ever been burgled?

Guest Eggylips

Guest Eggylips

So I was the other day, luckily they didn't take any hard-drives/pc's/equip

smashed in the front door like nobodies business

removed my lizard from the vivarium

thought they had stolen that creature until it was found not long after, cold blooded near splinters and ravaged drawers.

took a load of 20/10/5/1 pences, about 100 quids worth.

what's to stop someone just kicking your door in again now they know you have more than 20p?

if you have a webcam and broadband, there's lots of software you can use to catch thieves. pics can be uploaded instantly, so even if the computer is taken, you'll still have evidence.

also, install something like this: http://preyproject.com/

most thieves won't be bright enough to disable it.

Guest sirch

what's to stop someone just kicking your door in again now they know you have more than 20p?

a baseball bat? a shotgun? a big sign saying 'Beware of the Dog' ? double/triple bolt/lock your door? i don't know...

Guest sirch

Yes, a couple of times.

When I was a kid the house was burgled and whoever did it killed my rabbit. :sad:

shit, dude! that's fucked up. sorry to hear that. :(

where do you live where people go around doing that kind of shit?

Guest Eggylips

if you have a webcam and broadband, there's lots of software you can use to catch thieves. pics can be uploaded instantly, so even if the computer is taken, you'll still have evidence.

They didn't take my webcam or broadband this time, you mean have a constant feed on your house for capturing the face of the person? If someone takes my lizard or computer, i don't care if they catch them, the lizard is dead and sold, the hard drive is in the river. Never had to really think about this before, you think everything is alright with doors......

Guest Eggylips

a baseball bat? a shotgun? a big sign saying 'Beware of the Dog' ? double/triple bolt/lock your door? i don't know...

I have a baseball bat but not much use without the hands to use it....

Doesn't matter if you have an anti matter bolt/lock, the frame is what broke this time.....

guess you just have to be lucky.....

Guest sirch

I have a baseball bat but not much use without the hands to use it....

Doesn't matter if you have an anti matter bolt/lock, the frame is what broke this time.....

guess you just have to be lucky.....

if you're out alot a beware of the dog sign might deter people in future... or 1 of those fake burglar alarm boxes.

growing up all my neighbors got robbed, the ppl behind us got hit by drive-by. our house was one of the lucky ones. and the robbers were lucky because my brother protected the house with an AR-15, shotgun, & .45 desert eagle. I think he was actually bummed that nobody ever broke in.

Guest Eggylips

Cheers Sirch, i may get a real dog or a real alarm, or put up a real radio radioactive sign !

Shame about the drive by cloud, unfortunatley here in the UK guns are not that good, I was once drove by with a paint ball gun, but guns are not an option even though it might mean someone might not break into my place.... cath 23 really.

Guest sirch

Cheers Sirch, i may get a real dog or a real alarm, or put up a real radio radioactive sign !

yeah, a real burglar alarm might be better! lol

it might not be a good idea to get a real dog, though. i mean if they played around with your lizard... you don't want them harming your dog in any way.

Guest Eggylips

Also... sorry to here about your burglerys and rabbit Dan....

I think my lizard and dog would be great mates, the dragon would ride about on the woofster stopping burglaries in bullet time, CHEERS SIRCH!!

Guest Mirezzi

...was burgled when I was 18. Pretty sure the guy was a quasi-acquaintance. He stole my fucking shoes, that part was hard to forgive.

1994 Air Max w/ barely any miles on 'em. :cry:

300px-First_air_classic.jpg

had my formerly kickass cd player stolen out of my car. busted out the rear passenger window to get in.

the worst part is that it was the one day i accidentally left my school backpack in the car overnight. no electronics in there, but that didn't stop the bastard from taking the backpack tout suite. a bunch of class notes and research notebooks were in there, and the week before a few kickass midterms nonetheless. was not pleased.

ever since then, i'm still paranoid about my stuff. definitely makes me want to set up fort knox around my music equipment.

Less than a year ago I had my pipe and a lighter stolen out of my glove box. Luckily I had smoked all of my smokes so all that was left was an empty container. I guess I left my door unlocked.

Crime is up in my hometown. People are saying that it's because people from Chicago have been moving in, but that may be code for "There are more black people than before" so who knows. Small towns, man.

This is the first time I've ever seen someone refer to being burglarized as "burgled," yet it's not incorrect upon looking it up in a dictionary.

Huh.

Guest Gary C

Yes, a couple of times.

When I was a kid the house was burgled and whoever did it killed my rabbit. :sad:

It's taken over 10 years, but I think I finally understand your fear of carnies.

Two years ago I rented this small cabin on a camping spot with about 8 people (4 girls, 4 guys), it was just one small cabin with a table in the middle and 4x2 beds around it. The manager of the place told us that there were some burglars sometimes, but if you'd lock the door everything should be ok. We stayed there for only one night, celebrating something. Everybody got drunk except 2 girls who are always sober. Most people fell asleep around 5 in the morning, me and a friend closed down and had another beer until about 6.30 we also hit the sacks.

...7.30, a girl screams that she couldn't find her toothbrush, most of us laughed and just slept further. Then another girl asked me what we had done to the table, messing it up so much. We found that in that one hour, most of our stuff was stolen, iPods, 4 mobile phones, speakers, other mp3's, a really expensive camera, about 200 euros worth of money, etc. The fucked up thing was that most of our clothing was missing. When we went outside there was a huuuge pile of all our clothes, jackets, bags and emptied wallets (I mean id's and other cards, coins, tickets, etc.) just lying there next to our cabin. They must have been waiting for us to turn of the lights at night and broke in.

What was even more creepy was that one of the sober girls woke up during all this apparently, seeing some silhouette of a guy she thought was one of us having a smoke and playing around with the camera.

Because I was quite drunk the night before, after discovering all this, I passed out again until the cops woke me up. Luckily I had my phone and iPod underneath my pillow and I only had lots of coins in my wallet, which they all stole, bastards.

burgler bastard burgled my bugle.

6 month ago someone nicked m number plates. police said there was lots of car break ins in the area so i guess i was lucky.

it was in broad daylight in a residentual area. How they get away with that?

Archived