IGNORED

DMT For it or against it?

skotosa

zig, you trip every night when you're asleep. you don't need drugs.

actually really poignant.

I tried other lesser psychedelics before, but I think at this point, I'm not actually sure I'd do them again. Alcohol and green are good for me.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want to try it. So for it.

Same. One of these days.

i wouldn't advise you to so it, ziggo, unless you have had previous experience with drugs and hallucinogenics.

Oh jeez definitely. I did some synthetic psychedelic that was a mindfuck, but from what I've heard DMT is probably more intense.

Work your way up.

tbh, if you just have a small amount of dmt its one of the easiest and least overwhelming phsycadelics you can try, the world just looks like an itunes visulizer for ten minutes and you dont feel especially fucked. a really small amount though.

Guest viscosity

how's the comeup on this? I've taken 4-aco DMT and had some intense trips, but they were always marred by the "wtf did i just do to myself" thoughts and gut wrenching sickness.

my most intense trips with the stuff are through IM.. water becoming florescent, tapestry breathing and fractals spinning out of rugs and cloth. Lights having spectral aura of patterns. Floorboard grains appearing as lava.

just intense pattern recognition. but the trip lasts too long and for the most part I get kind of depressed with the profound thoughts, feeling primordial and incredibly uncomfortable

too long? 2-c-e was like 5 hours of what you're describing. at least DMT is just 30 minutes, right?

depends if you smoke or eat it

apparently Larry Hagman did peyote with some indians and tripped for 9hrs whilst the rest just freaked out

didnt Sanchez Get High dabble with DMT amongst other things?

the bioavailability is dependent on the route of administration. so the trip is almost instantaneous and very intense. would definitely not recommend IM for that particular drug.. i've read online that shooting it is comparable to a DMT trip, you peak right away and then ride it out.

but that's the thing about psyclobin, it is very gradual and doesn't always put you in the best of moods. Ketamine/MXE on the other hand leaves me feeling fantastic. The trip is also different in terms of effects, more of a dream like-lucidity; angular and as if in an isolated realm

For DMT.

Also for 2ce, 2ci, 2ct-anything...

psychadelics in general have lead to amazing, profound outlooks for me, spurring many successes in my life.

Also, they have had profound academic realizations for me. It's like they flipped a switch in my brain where I turned from kid with no direction in my life to successful adult both in personal and professional capacities.

I'm completely against any sort of hard physcadelic after my experiences with magic mushrooms. Got really fucked up, 'nuff said.

I seriously can't comprehend how people make it through a trip...

photo-10611.jpg

Just cause you had a bad experience doesn't give you the right to be against it FOR EVERYONE. I had some shitty experiences on alcohol, I'm still in favour of people drinking if they want cause is fun for them.

yeah, I'm sorry i got a little defensive for no reason. I think its cool to tell your experiences (bad or good) so people like the OP can make educated decisions.

Guest Rambo

used to use it back in the day when i lived with an Austrian girl. We kept hoping that our lawn wasnt trapped for its own safety because of a simple presidential misunderstanding. We ended up staying up into the afternoon cutting common food shapes into all the spare velvet. Anyway, the fire department came and it was probably too late for apologies in hindsight. Definitely cant say i didn't deserve my beating. It's a very spiritual drug imo.

Done it a few times but can only remember about 99% of it. You pretty much forget the majority of it the next day, and slowly forget more of it as weeks go by. It can make a huge impact if you've not tripped often or are unfamiliar with the aspects of DMT trippin. So basically it's temporal influence decreases the more you take it, so just taking it a couple times in your life is good imo.

The only time I had a bad time was when I was over at my friends apt with 7 other people, and we just kept passing around the DMT bowl. Doing consecutive DMT tripping can be very tiring and not very fun, atleast it was for me. Just gave me a headache and wanted to bury my head into the couch.

Edit: now that I think about it, my friend who lived at the apt. and was packing the bowls eventually forgot who he was and freaked out in the calmest way I've ever seen anyone freak out.

Perhaps I should just save the trippen for when i die?

Is it possible it will lessen my Death Trip when I die if I take it sooner?

no, the point of the "trippin" is to confront the issue of death, and in turn lesson the extent of your uncertainties towards it, thus enhancing your appreciation of life.

if you're not ready to confront the concept of death, you're not ready trip.

Done it a few times but can only remember about 99% of it. You pretty much forget the majority of it the next day, and slowly forget more of it as weeks go by. It can make a huge impact if you've not tripped often or are unfamiliar with the aspects of DMT trippin. So basically it's temporal influence decreases the more you take it, so just taking it a couple times in your life is good imo.

The only time I had a bad time was when I was over at my friends apt with 7 other people, and we just kept passing around the DMT bowl. Doing consecutive DMT tripping can be very tiring and not very fun, atleast it was for me. Just gave me a headache and wanted to bury my head into the couch.

Edit: now that I think about it, my friend who lived at the apt. and was packing the bowls eventually forgot who he was and freaked out in the calmest way I've ever seen anyone freak out.

lol, this is a pretty typical setting for a bad trip. i think the easiest way to misuse a drug like dmt is to treat it like a party drug and overdo it without any sense of ritual. it's something to be respected and treated with caution and care. (and love!)

no, the point of the "trippin" is to confront the issue of death, and in turn lesson the extent of your uncertainties towards it, thus enhancing your appreciation of life.

I'm already fine with the concept of death and welcome it with open arms, that doesn't mean I'd go without a fight though. I could use some extra life appreciation though.

sounds like a barrel of laughs!

yeah, I'm sorry i got a little defensive for no reason. I think its cool to tell your experiences (bad or good) so people like the OP can make educated decisions.

I'm not against it for everyone, I just greatly caution it.

i get confused and irritated by people who preach at me that trippy drugs should be used as a spiritual learning experience.

why?

It is often a spiritual learning experience. Only seems natural for people that have such incredibly positive results to wish for others to have similar results.

Archived