IGNORED

2012 Most IDM Tournament - Finals!

Root5

Please select one  

112 members have voted

1. 1. 1

• Terraforming planets
    • Incomplete Skyscrapers

incomplete skyscrapers has more potential, i think. but at this point it's gonna be tough to make the comp sound anything like the topic. what the fuck does an incomplete skyscraper sound like? angular, but jagged?

incomplete. the songs would be incomplete. hehehe

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Terraforming planets" has 19 votes in the qualifying round thread.

Yeah, seriously, how is it winning above incomplete skyscrapers? Terraforming planets isn't IDM. I'll admit that it is pretty musique_concrète, all sci-fi or whatever, but not that IDM.

Actually, upon review, IT WAS TOTALLY UNFAIR THAT TESLA WON LAST YEAR!

Tesla was tied with the Soviet Monuments in the semi-finals and Tesla wnt on to the finals to beat windows 95.

HERE IS THE PROOF!!!!!

I demend a re-count poll between whatever bullshit wins this year and Abandoned Soviet Monuments.

out of these 2 less than overwhelming choices, I went with terraforming planets. Terraforming planets could almost be whatever you want it to be. There's a lot of range, from rocky, lifeless and glacial to nutrient soups and moss (moss!). Plus if you want you could make the soundtrack to terraforming machines, if you don't like the nature angle. In a way, Confield is sort of a terraforming album, isn't it? "Bine" sounds terraform-y to me...

Incomplete skyscrapers is almost "IDM cliche", it's the option non-IDM listeners would vote for as representative of "that soulless clicky machine music you dorks listen to." Too obvious to me...

Incomplete skyscrapers is almost "IDM cliche", it's the option non-IDM listeners would vote for as representative of "that soulless clicky machine music you dorks listen to." Too obvious to me...

But it has atmosphere, too. It's deconstructed, it leaves insane shadows, it looks cool at night, it's creepy. I think it has just about everything IDM.

Hey guys. Abandoned Soviet Monuments are so 2011... but they are way more IDM than either of these bullshit choices.

http://www.cracktwo....-that-look.html

Spomenik_18.jpg

*edit*

just sayin

what is that thing called?

goatse

in fact I made a goatse shop of it...check the old thread, i bet it's there...

Actually, upon review, IT WAS TOTALLY UNFAIR THAT TESLA WON LAST YEAR!

Tesla was tied with the Soviet Monuments in the semi-finals and Tesla wnt on to the finals to beat windows 95.

HERE IS THE PROOF!!!!!

I demend a re-count poll between whatever bullshit wins this year and Abandoned Soviet Monuments.

There was an overtime thread after that one was over from what I remember. Tesla beat Soviet monuments in OT...

Automatic generated message

This topic has been closed by a moderator.

Reason: End of Regulation. Abandoned Soviet Monuments Vs Tesla will resume in overtime.

If you feel the reason for closing it was incorrect, please report this post, and a moderator or administrator will reconsider it. Kind regards, We Are The Music Makers Forums Staff

Automatic generated message

This topic has been closed by a moderator.

Reason: Tie Breaker Round is next

If you feel the reason for closing it was incorrect, please report this post, and a moderator or administrator will reconsider it. Kind regards, We Are The Music Makers Forums Staff

trying to find the thread right now.

Whichever wins, there's no doubt that half-finished terraformed planets will be a strong theme in the comp.

I mean, they're both reasonable, but how fucking IDM is an entire planet that has been completely shaped and taken over by humans, only to be abandoned, and left in a state that is of no use to humans nor alien life?

Damn. I was hoping you wouldn't find that.

Just coverin' my ass! :)

I was in your neck of the woods today on Glendale blvd. gettin my taxes done... we walk outside and all kinda of cops, helicopters, and looky-loos where all over the place!

I was in your neck of the woods today on Glendale blvd. gettin my taxes done... we walk outside and all kinda of cops, helicopters, and looky-loos where all over the place!

What's a looky-loo? Sorry. I'm still new here.

Archived