IGNORED

Titles for SAW II??

Revitute

Basically they're implying you're asking a really, really old question that's been done to death on the internet for so long it goes beyond the limits of 'common knowledge' (if you're an Aphex Twin fan).

To make a really long story short: there are no track names for the tracks on SAW II - each is represented by an image, and the relative size of the image on the artwork relates to the length of the track in comparison to the others. Ages ago, some early Aphex aficionados decided to 'name' these tracks based on what they thought the images were. Since most images are macro close ups, it's hard to really tell what the things Richard & his girlfriend at the time took pictures of, but that's how these tracks got their unofficial names like "radiator" and "lichen". BLUE CALX is the only track on the release with an actual name.

I tried to do this with BoC's Random 35 Track Tape, but the thread got deleted because people were making lulzy rumours and one of them turned out to be true.

I should really go in there and start the thread again, to keep the list up, but... you know.

Basically they're implying you're asking a really, really old question that's been done to death on the internet for so long it goes beyond the limits of 'common knowledge' (if you're an Aphex Twin fan).

To make a really long story short: there are no track names for the tracks on SAW II - each is represented by an image, and the relative size of the image on the artwork relates to the length of the track in comparison to the others. Ages ago, some early Aphex aficionados decided to 'name' these tracks based on what they thought the images were. Since most images are macro close ups, it's hard to really tell what the things Richard & his girlfriend at the time took pictures of, but that's how these tracks got their unofficial names like "radiator" and "lichen". BLUE CALX is the only track on the release with an actual name.

I know about the story, I just wanted to see people's opinions. The name for White Blur really confuses me, I mean what the hell? What pothead named it that way.

I know about the story, I just wanted to see people's opinions. The name for White Blur really confuses me, I mean what the hell? What pothead named it that way.

Since they're not official names, why would they confuse you?

And the 'potheads' in question (your words, not mine) were Alan Parry and Gonzi Marchan, who curated the AFX FAQ for WARP back in the late 90's. They also gave names to the Joyrex series of LPs tracks until the Caustic Window Compilation came out and Richard and Grant gave the tracks official names. Same goes for Analogue Bubblebath 4's tracks.

Since they're not official names, why would they confuse you?

And the 'potheads' in question (your words, not mine) were Alan Parry and Gonzi Marchan, who curated the AFX FAQ for WARP back in the late 90's. They also gave names to the Joyrex series of LPs tracks until the Caustic Window Compilation came out and Richard and Grant gave the tracks official names. Same goes for Analogue Bubblebath 4's tracks.

I mean...it doesn't look like white blur at all..but again, no titles exist except Blue Calx.

Archived