IGNORED

BT

ZoeB

16 hours ago, exitonly said:

from what i can tell this nft thing is 24 hours of plonky piano along with a BT silhouette in front of some waves, behind some fish.  The NFT sold at auction in may 2021 for $212.7k 

https://superrare.com/artwork-v2/genesis.json-24884

I wonder what it's worth today? must be a lot!

Looking at the current exchange rate it's now about half that ($117.2k)

GOOOD INVESSSTIINNG TEAMMM!

• Big Brain 1

I remember trying to give bt's music a chance when I was in college in the 90s. I hadn't really gotten deep into anything electronic yet, that wouldn't be until 98 or 99, and I liked the single Blue Skies he did with Tori Amos. I still like that one a lot. I tried to listen to ima and found it insufferably long and boring. Tried ESCM and never got into it. Everything sounded way too clean and boring, like Robert Miles' Children but wiped down with Clorox. His best tracks were always the ones where he brought someone in and THEY made it a song or something he did for a score that you didn't know he was involved in because it wasn't overproduced to death.

Guy has talent, but most of his music is very boring. I'm not a huge Moby person but his early stuff had way more bite than bt ever did, and at least he's experimented in ways that don't involve "get singer, let singer make song out of basic track, get my name and face on cover, give a feature credit but get all the acknowledgement", though Moby's tinkered in that world a bit too. Anyway, if you like bt, good for you, but I find him to be a bore.

And if anyone's upset by my comparison to Robert Miles' Children, no offense intended, but it's not really my thing either.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, exitonly said:

ok im going down a rabbit hole now ? . I found this thing which I guess was sold as an nft https://btmusic.com/genesisjson/ . Pretty amazing quote on the page

As a child, I grew up with a grandfather clock that was passed from many generations ago to my father. This clock imbued in me a deep awareness of the passage of time. I’m reminded still as an adult, time is our one and only finite resource.

... yep. the one and only, aside from, i dont know, oil.  this guy gives zoolander a run for his money

Hopefully this clock wasn’t much bigger than the watch from the movie 

BCEBE488-85F4-4F40-8E54-2A6BFBADAFC6.jpeg

22 hours ago, Wunderbar said:

how does a guy like that have such a studio?

those back street boys tracks made a zillion dollars i think. also, i think he does some sound for picture maybe? in the 90s he endorsed literally everything. any of the music tech/recording mags would have at least one full page advert of him endorsing something. "Anyone who knows me, knows that I use Bias Peak for editing" or whatever. 

i mean whatever... these people exist. people endorse stuff. look at jordan rudess.  there's people out there making a living at this somehow through hardwork or luck or both.