IGNORED

Guardians Of The Galaxy

awepittance

At comic-con Marvel Studios announced sequels and release dates for Iron Man, Thor, and Captain America. No Avengers 2 announcement yet but they have officially announced Ant-Man and Guardians Of the Galaxy to be in the same universe that will lead up the inevitable Avengers sequel.

ant-man.jpg

Directed by Edgar Wright written by Edgar Wright & Joe Cornish

Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-Script.jpg

i don't read modern Marvel comics, but apparently they brought back a silver age galactic protection force resembling sort of a Green Lantern Corp team. They released promotional art for this upcoming film, and it appears that Marvel is just going balls out. Unless this will be some outside of cannon fully CGI pixar/dreamworks like movie, it seems like a risky venture.

guardians-concept-art.jpeg

Anyone here familiar with this comic?

I can't decide whether it seems like a terrible idea or a great one. One of the main characters will be a talking raccoon and another, is an anthropomorphic tree. I'm curious what you all think. In the comic their purpose to destroy Thanos, It it seems designed to bridge directly into the Avengers 2 (sort of like Thor was to Avengers). Feel free to use this thread as an excuse to geek out about the Marvel Universe and the explored potential for animated or live action features.

ant man? Seriously? Should i have heard of him?

Is the background story like, Boy falls down a hole and gets swarmed by ants. Develops irrational fear of ants buts harnesses the fear to become a deadly crime fighter... Dressed as an ant.

Reminds me of the tick!

reading this now, love the new take on the team and fuck yeah Rocket Raccoon in the movie!

We just need that giant green rabbit from the Star Wars comics.

A wave of Marvel space movies would be total nerdgasm; Silver Surfer, Nova, The Inhumans, etc

PS - did anyone see the title for next X-Men movie is "Days of Future Past?" imagine the time travel possibilities from the 70s or wherever to present, and then Bishop's future. Stoked.

On a complete whim I decided toread the ultron wiki and really really enjoyed reading these storylines :)

I'd love to get into graphic novels actually

reading this now, love the new take on the team and fuck yeah Rocket Raccoon in the movie!

We just need that giant green rabbit from the Star Wars comics.

A wave of Marvel space movies would be total nerdgasm; Silver Surfer, Nova, The Inhumans, etc

PS - did anyone see the title for next X-Men movie is "Days of Future Past?" imagine the time travel possibilities from the 70s or wherever to present, and then Bishop's future. Stoked.

Days of Future Past was an awesome little story. But it was only 2 comics! They're going to have to do some stretching I imagine. I hope they treat it better than they did the Hellfire Club in X-Men: first class.

I want a Beyonder/Secret Wars movie.

Unrelated, but I heard The Rock has been cast as Lobo.

I would have picked Triple H - he kinda looks like Lobo already lol. (I mean if we're picking ex-wrestlers to play parts).

i've never read any of those comics, but after getting a quick run down of the characters and potential story lines for the movie, i find myself perplexed. how did the pitchmen got the execs so fucked up on cocaine that they greenlit this project without the execs being hospitalized or just dying.

i'm not saying it may not be cool, but i just never would've imagined something so out there would get the big budget treatment.

Archived