IGNORED

Internet Explorer - Autocomplete

Hugh Mughnus

Alright guys looking for some help with internet explorer....

I accidentally hit the save button when entering my banking information, and now my account info and password are saved. Anytime I go to the Royal Bank website, it puts in my account info etc automatically.

I have turned off autocomplete entirely, and deleted stored passwords according to all procedures I have found online.

But IE still fucking autocompletes using my account information!

Does anyone know how to turn this shit off? It's a work/shared computer. Can't have my co-workers stealing my millions (hundreds)

Internet options, Content, AutoComplete Settings, Delete AutoComplete history

If that doesn't work. Smash the hard drive with a hammer and never use Internet Explorer again.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

No worries mate, I got your help. Just give me your account info and password, I will take care of it for you.

Internet options, Content, AutoComplete Settings, Delete AutoComplete history

If that doesn't work. Smash the hard drive with a hammer and never use Internet Explorer again.

I tried that!

.....It's still doing it =(

No worries mate, I got your help. Just give me your account info and password, I will take care of it for you.

password anthrax

edit.... wait a second..

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

Oops, sorry, I accidentally withdrawed all 87 dollars out of your accounts. It wont let me put it back in. Looks like I'm eating at Sizzler tonight.

Oops, sorry, I accidentally withdrawed all 87 dollars out of your accounts. It wont let me put it back in. Looks like I'm eating at Sizzler tonight.

How will I buy my frozen dinners and hand lotion? my weekend is ruined =(

I accidentally started using Internet Explorer...

There's your problem

I know I know, but it's not my choice. The company uses internet explorer and I don't have the administrative rights to install anything else!

surely deleting internet history, cache & cookies should remove this?

negative. I tried that. =(

just thinking if it's a works machine, maybe all the internet cache, cookies etc are stored on the main server rather than each individual machine? which would mean you would have to remove all of the info from the server itself...which you obviously won't be able to do without the IT department

just thinking if it's a works machine, maybe all the internet cache, cookies etc are stored on the main server rather than each individual machine? which would mean you would have to remove all of the info from the server itself...which you obviously won't be able to do without the IT department

oi... that could be it... =/

I accidentally started using Internet Explorer...

There's your problem

I know I know, but it's not my choice. The company uses internet explorer and I don't have the administrative rights to install anything else!

http://portableapps.com/

Solution ...

Firefox.png

Not trying to be an elitist asshole but why would anyone use a clearly dysfunctional browser when better options are available is beyond me.

Solution ...

Firefox.png

Not trying to be an elitist asshole but why would anyone use a clearly dysfunctional browser when better options are available is beyond me.

I have been subjected to forced IE6 use due to shitty legacy corporate applications and bad corporate IT guys.

It happens all the fucking time. It seems to have happened to StephenG.

But, uh, I wouldn't have used my work comp for banking under those circs.

aah, sorry then didn't know companies were run by incompetent dworps. Could you get together with a bunch of co-workers and tell the boss to change the default browser to firefox?

aah, sorry then didn't know companies were run by incompetent dworps. Could you get together with a bunch of co-workers and tell the boss to change the default browser to firefox?

I'm considering that for sure..

but for now I want to get rid of the autocomplete shit! I don't particularly want to contact IT because I might get in shit for using it for personal use (I don't remember the electronic communications policy =/ )

haha

Archived