IGNORED

Synthwave - "Solid State" - My latest track - feedback welcome

Guest GarthKnight

Wonderful vibe; you've nailed the retro production aesthetic and the chord progression is very nice! As a standalone instrumental it works pretty well, though it feels like it's missing a vocalist. I am left wishing that there were more rhythmic or arrangement-related surprises in this one as it progresses for it to work exceptionally well as a standalone instrumental.

Guest TAPCEH

Wow, some quality 80's style tunes in here! Bass line is so simple but yet so good. I would like to hear more tracks of this kind.

Someone should cut this particular track on vinyl someday, i can imagine spinning it at some retro party somewhere around 3:00 AM. That would be nice indeed.

Guest GarthKnight

hey garth, cool track. why do i recognize your name? are you in the synthetix group on fb?

hey man, yeh thats me on the synthetix fb - love your stuff too

Ah this is awesome man! I do agree that some washy vocals could fill the sound out a little but I also think that the unvaried drum track holes it together nicely, I think adding variation there would possibly detract from the focus on those lovely synths. Lovely work :)

Guest GarthKnight

Damn, this is pitch-perfect. Good stuff. Retro stuff often gets on my nerves but this actually has some depth and you absolutely nailed the vibe.

thanks man!!

Archived