IGNORED

New track - Dub - inspired by Carnival

encym

Hey everybody,

after a long absence I've finally uploaded a new "word in progress", inspired by Aba Shanti sound system at Notting Hill Carnival this year.

As always, comments very much appreciated - I will continue to work on this and change it quite a bit.

Enjoy!

http://soundcloud.com/encym/kensal/s-RhU0H

i have no idea why but this made m think of one of those times when you are laughing REALLY hard with your friends and it got me instantly in a good mood.

anyways it's pretty good

very laid back. that mid section made me nod like when im listening to a song on Toonami. way to go.

Cheers everybody, just gave this a significant make-over, adding elements and a whole new end section.

See if you like it:

http://soundcloud.com/encym/kensal

the end section is awesome, I kind of wish it came in earlier and acted as a B section. but everything is great. nice production & good vibes.

the end section is awesome, I kind of wish it came in earlier and acted as a B section. but everything is great. nice production & good vibes.

Cheers A/D!

Will do some more fiddling for sure before it's done. Will try your suggestion as well and let you know whether it works for me.

The track sounds very solid, my only complaint is that the last 30 seconds sound like the beginning to a BEAUTIFUL piece, and then it ends. So, er, nice work, and make the song that comes after it pls!

The track sounds very solid, my only complaint is that the last 30 seconds sound like the beginning to a BEAUTIFUL piece, and then it ends. So, er, nice work, and make the song that comes after it pls!

Great comment! :-)

• 2 weeks later...

I've been listening every time you've updated this thread, so yes, I'm very interested.

It's excellent. As always. That's all I have to say. Sorry for being useless :(

Cheers anyway! ;-)

• 4 weeks later...

I've been listening every time you've updated this thread, so yes, I'm very interested.

It's excellent. As always. That's all I have to say. Sorry for being useless :(

Check the latest version: http://soundcloud.com/encym/kensal

And watch for release soon on a split EP with Tokyotower!

I like it. It's very fine experimental electronica dub. I just wish it didn't get as hectic near the end as it does and would leave more room for the bass to shine through :) But I'm really impressed at how organic you've made it sound. Like everything flows together perfectly. Thumbs up!

Guest uptown devil

very nice. love how variated the cymbal is, and the washed out delay part that happens around 2:40 is a treat for the ears. my only complaints are that the intro felt a bit long and the ending kind of stressed me out, but all in all a really awesome track.

Archived