IGNORED

PVT - Homosapien

crono3

PVT (Pivot) just announced a new album! Doesn't seem to have a title or release date yet, but they're released the opening track, titled 'Shiver'

Watch on YouTube

Listen on Soundcloud

Their last album (Church With No Magic) was fantastic... really looking forward to this! Haven't heard the new song yet... have to wait until I get home :(

Haha yes! I've heard a lot of the new stuff at their live shows. Sounds like they're going in even more of a pop direction, arrangement-wise; this is not a bad thing!

• 4 months later...

Update... album is coming out pretty soon if anyone cares. It's called Homosapien and it's dropping Feb 12.

PVT_homosapien.png

They've been streaming a new song each day on different music blogs... can't say I'm overly impressed so far, but here's the lineup:

"Shiver"
"Evolution" premiering on Who The Hell on Wednesday, Jan 30
"Electric" premiering on One A Day on Thursday, Jan 31
"Cold Romance" premiering on Pigeons And Planes on Friday, Feb 1
"Love & Defeat" premiering on Your Music Radar on Saturday, Feb 2
"Homosapien" premiering on The Line Of Best Fit on Sunday, Feb 3
"Vertigo" premiering on Indie Shuffle on Monday, Feb 4
"Nightfall"
"New Morning" premiering on Music From Go To Woah on Tuesday, Feb 5
"Casual Success" premiering on Circle.Square.Triangle on Wednesday, Feb 6
"Ziggurat" premiering on IS050 on Thursday, Feb 7

not as dark for sure. definitely more bouncy and poppy but still has that great rhythm section. sounds like them but like they just keep moving. 2nd listen was really enjoyable.

Alright, as promised I ordered the vinyl version. Didn't come with a download (?) so I acquired it elsewhere. Upon first listen I think it might just dethrone Exai. It just seems more in line with my recent tastes. Casual Success is excellent as fuck!

Archived