IGNORED

PVT - Homosapien

crono3

Yeah, can't wait for the vinyl. Gonna be sweet!

It's so poppy, but in a really good, unique way. I was trying to make some comparisons but there's really nothing else similar to it, imo. I love the Frippertronics-style ambient guitar in Love & Defeat though, and I do hear a bit of a Max Q influence in a few tracks.

How is this guys? I listened to some samples and it doesn't sound too impressive... nothing like their last 2 albums, which were both fantastic. I kinda want to get it though, since I love them. Just need a little push...

It's beautiful, but I'm a fanboy. Yeah, it's more poppy, the vocals are more upfront etc. But it's also even more electronic than the last one. Highlights for me are Evolution, Love & Defeat (sounds like happy NIN to me), Casual Success (dat bassline) and Ziggurat (so damn pretty). I'm trying not to overplay the album, but it's just so damn excellent.

If you like them already, you'll love it, I think. Like I said earlier in the thread, it's almost like INXS or Max Q collaborating with Cluster.

fake edit: can someone rename this thread to reflect the actual album title?

I went ahead and bought this last night... Listened to it twice today and loving it! Great album... much better than I was anticipating based on some snippets.

It took me repeated listens to really appreciate the album. Though still, some titles are weak (imho). They are too straight-forward, too obvious. But Evolution and Vertigo are really good, the survival of big 80s Synthpop. Just love Vertigo's video.

Does anyone know why they left Warp and release this album on a complete no-name label?

Vinyl arrived today! Very minimal packaging, but the white record is damn pretty. It came with a pair of 3d glasses with which to view the Vertigo video. Can't wait to give it a spin!

• 2 weeks later...

Really liked the first album

Yeah...can't say anything after it has gotten more than a "not bad" from me. Haven't yet heard the new one, but I'm not sure what my level of interest is.

Really liked the first album

Make Me Love You?

Pivot_CD_Cover_Web.jpg

yeah it's great, probably one of my favourites. annoying that it's difficult to get physically outside of Australia, but it's good because you can hear over the four albums that they've really evolved their sound. whether it's for the better is for someone else to decide, I think (I'm not digging the new album all too much, to be honest).

Yeah that's a great album, but I think they were kinda wearing their influences on their sleeves back then. Incidental Backcloth is really fucking excellent; they still play that live sometimes.

I've really enjoyed hearing their sound evolve, even though the jump to the minimalism of O Soundtrack My Heart took a bit of getting used to.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived