Guest TVHEAD

I've always had a soft spot for red sparowes because of Isis. and I imagine a heavier groovier red sparowes plus chino vocals is what palms will be which gives me a semi

oh yea Godspeed. does it get any better than static off of skinny fists?

Weirdly running into this thread whist listening to the new GY!BE (really enjoying it in case you were wondering). And it's especially nice to read that I'm not the only one who feels that way about Mono. Whenever I listen to them I feel like i should like them more but they're just so dull.

Also interersting to read the opinions on Mogwai.... i love them but at times find them derivative of themselves. I often wonder how much people from other parts of the world get them. So many of their song titles and such like seem so distinctly scottish that I'm no sure anyone else will get their references/jokes....

I think that Yanqui U.X.O. is an amazing record but didn't get much attention because of Lift Yr. Skinny Fists. All tracks on the album are really.. serious

• 4 weeks later...

I love Godspeed but saw them in London for the second time (after their "reunion" tour) and was generally really disappointed. Everything just seemed far less impressive as it did in Bristol the first time - far too much drone, setlist was lacking, visuals were nowhere near as well deployed. :cerious:

i guess i need to check out mogwai, i have always ignored them for some reason

not a mogwai expert but I have listened to plenty of their music, I would recommend Happy Songs for Happy People.

i guess i need to check out mogwai, i have always ignored them for some reason

not a mogwai expert but I have listened to plenty of their music, I would recommend Happy Songs for Happy People.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BA9WbKj1T8&list=PLAF4CE721529C0BF5&index=1&feature=plpp_video

Godspeed started it all for me. Mad respect for them beardo niggas. They still got it. That said, I think I have to jerkoff with A Silver Mt. Zion now. If you're talking anti-capitalist, activist fucking, knee dirt punk rock, ethosizeses, GY!BE is like the faggy pretentious artschool kid at the Macy's Day parade compared to ASMZ. Fuckers walk the fucking talk. Heavy shit and an acquired taste, but one that, when it clicks, you can't unhear. Efrim for president.

I'm actually anxious for this latest Godspeed circle jerk to finish up here soon so we can get another ASMZ album out ASAP. Don't get me wrong, Godspeed is great, but with the current political climate here in N. America, I sure wouldnt mind some new ASMZ to wear denim jackets to.

• 6 months later...

Archived