IGNORED

hurricane sandy

jules

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Went unscathed in Bushwick Brooklyn but I have been taking a bus and then walking to Queens :wtf: to access the subway to get to Columbia (def. not that bad considering all the nastiness going on downtown/jersey/coney/rocka. The hairiest shit has been the overcrowded busses and lines for gas. A fight broke out last night on the B43 the two dudes spilled out onto the street and the bus driver shut the doors and took off. The lines for the gas stations are unbelievable. people standing on their cars to get a look how long the line is. I didnt see anything pop off but this morning there was a huge line for a gas station that had caution tape around it and bagged up pumps... who knows if a truck ever showed.

Fucking nightmare!

I'm proud to say that I know the B43 very well. It used to stop across the street from my old apt in Greenpoint.

Lets hope things stay as civil as possible. Generally speaking, New Yorkers are usually good in a crisis, but these circumstances look pretty grim.

glad you and your family are doing okay jules, and all of the other watmmers in the area. I hope that all of the people immediately affected by Sandy get some sort of peace and normalcy asap.

I wish I could write a good post right now but I'm just so fucking defeated. going into day 6 of no power which really wouldn't be so bad without a little kid. sad part is I waited 2 hours to get my 5 gallon gas can filled, and I was smooth as silk because I got 5.3 gallons into that 5 gallon fucker.

and that's a good day? every time I get frustrated, I look at pics from the areas of the shore and Atlantic city that I frequented and it's so fucking depressing. hard to comprehend I guess because it's familiar.

at least the gas line I was on today was very friendly. everyone was very chatty and no one tried to cut at all. I helped an old dude carry his 4 cans to his car. dude was like 75 and I was struggling with those cans.

humanity is not looming good though. more abysmal attitudes. I'm getting a huge kick out of people posting on Facebook about how hard their lives are.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived