IGNORED

A Very WATMM Christmas, 2012

Root5

Great work all, once again! The Carol of the Bells vocal arrangement is brilliant, and very well delivered. The made-up language had me cracking the whole time I was mastering it. Goiter's tracks just make sense as openers because they always ease the listener into the theme of the album.

I believe that's the original Ukrainian lyrics to the song. I found this out after Goiter sent me the track, of course.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shchedryk_(song)

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great work all, once again! The Carol of the Bells vocal arrangement is brilliant, and very well delivered. The made-up language had me cracking the whole time I was mastering it. Goiter's tracks just make sense as openers because they always ease the listener into the theme of the album.

I believe that's the original Ukrainian lyrics to the song. I found this out after Goiter sent me the track, of course.

Correct, although my pronunciation probably made it sound like a made-up language to Ukrainian speakers!

I don't quite get what's going on in the art... I feel it's up to the viewer to interpret most likely. Is Santa drawing gifts from the WATMM rocket in the background? Is he delivering presents in Somalia?

My artistic interpretation is that the starving African children are there to make Santa look even buffer by comparison.

For the meaning, I really don't know if santa is bringing food to the children, or if he just happens to be surrounded by an aura of food and gifts because he's santa.

But ultimately, I'm guessing there is no meaning. You're just supposed to think "Holy fuck, what the, I don't even, that's amazing."

I don't quite get what's going on in the art... I feel it's up to the viewer to interpret most likely. Is Santa drawing gifts from the WATMM rocket in the background? Is he delivering presents in Somalia?

I interpret it as alien Santa landing on Earth to show off his godlike physique to the starving children so they may know the true meaning of Christmas. The trail of food and garbage gives him his inexhaustible strength.

Correct, although my pronunciation probably made it sound like a made-up language to Ukrainian speakers!

This makes it slightly less funny, but still impressive.

On my third listen now - tis' a great great album lads

all lovely stuff - but honorable favorite mentions go to 'Last Christmas' + 'Dance of the Sugarplum fairies' + 'Your Mother was a Snowblower'...also really digging 'Let it snow, Let it snow, Let it snow....'

Swegüno and Cthulhu Detonator are cool

Do you guys want an explanation of the pic now, or should I wait some more?

just the apple, chicken leg, baguette, coke can,etc.. curious what that is about

I'm sceptical that anything could temper the glory that is picture, so I vote yes to an explanation (or artist's statement or whatever).

Also, Jubal is a WATMMER called Djeroek for all those who are wondering.

there's also an audio cassette.

that could mean a lot of things, either the mechawatmm santa is bringing gifts that are hovering above ground in a suspensor field, or it's a hologram to look cool and fool the starving children, or that's indeed his goodie bag but you can't know if they're getting the right things, or it might just be the warp speed light particles he made by getting to the scene really fast and the children, being so hungry, are hallucinating the food inside it.

I'm not sure what is the truth here, but I hope its real food, cause come on poor little african children!

Guest placidburp

This is so fantastic! Awesome songs and amazing artwork again! Wish I had done a cover version now, but I dont think I could have done it justice like you lot of talented buggers!

that could mean a lot of things, either the mechawatmm santa is bringing gifts that are hovering above ground in a suspensor field, or it's a hologram to look cool and fool the starving children, or that's indeed his goodie bag but you can't know if they're getting the right things, or it might just be the warp speed light particles he made by getting to the scene really fast and the children, being so hungry, are hallucinating the food inside it.

I'm not sure what is the truth here, but I hope its real food, cause come on poor little african children!

Brilliant. That one child is hung as is Mechawatmmsanta evidently!

I thought that was his hand. See how it's in line with his arm?

I thought that was his hand. See how it's in line with his arm?

Ah, you're right :facepalm:

Archived