IGNORED

moptastic v.2

machinemask

i would try to start with some sounds and add the melodie ontop but atleast it has some nice "dark sounds",

I like this piece especially until ~2:45 ... just one thing. for my taste it really needs alot more darkness

Word. I'll fool around with dark stuff. I think I know what you mean. Thanks for listening!

Guest Frankie5fingers

pretty sweet. what i would do though is change the intro and outro. That melody that kicks in around 0.13 should be what opens the track. after two measures, or what ever, then have the percussion start up. as for the outro, that synth work you got going on at 3.30, drop the hats and just have that play a little then end the track. no fade out.

other than that you have great progression here. so really just work on the EQ a little and youd have a completed song.

pretty sweet. what i would do though is change the intro and outro. That melody that kicks in around 0.13 should be what opens the track. after two measures, or what ever, then have the percussion start up. as for the outro, that synth work you got going on at 3.30, drop the hats and just have that play a little then end the track. no fade out.

other than that you have great progression here. so really just work on the EQ a little and youd have a completed song.

thanks man. yeah i'll fool around with the order of the parts, i think i could see that melody starting it...cool, thanks for checking it out mate

Guest active galaxies

Production-wise this is pretty cool, and sonically sounds good the section around the 2:30 mark is ace. The one thing that grabbed me when I listened to it though, was that it was difficult to see a cohesive structure across the whole track. It feels a bit like a number of nicely polished sections that have been stitched together to make a 4-minute tune.

This is a complex thing to address and I struggle with it on my own stuff all the time, I guess the questions I always try to bear in mind are: 1) is there a strong logical structure to the track? (even more out there stuff will have a structure of sorts), and 2) do the different elements of the track feed into and build this cohesion and narrative, or do they work against it? Hope that's at least semi-useful to you.

tl;dr - i liked it, but it feels slightly bitty in places

love the start, but it made me expect less paddy synths and more action. there are good bits here and there but it never really grabbed me. when the "action" sort of starts with the sequenced muting of the pad it would do better with more variation, and the mix of that quiet melody with the punchy beats doesn't really work for me. might work better with a nastier chord sequence and more agressive synth sounds. of course i could be just missing your point :)

Guest placidburp

Really liking your stuff so far! Loving all the sounds used in this one. Not too sure about the synth that comes in at the 0:26 mark, and the the tape stop detune, sounds a little too detuned! But apart from those little things I'm loving this!

in fact yeah i'm going work on some of these suggestions right now, thanks again men.

Production-wise this is pretty cool, and sonically sounds good the section around the 2:30 mark is ace. The one thing that grabbed me when I listened to it though, was that it was difficult to see a cohesive structure across the whole track. It feels a bit like a number of nicely polished sections that have been stitched together to make a 4-minute tune.

This is a complex thing to address and I struggle with it on my own stuff all the time, I guess the questions I always try to bear in mind are: 1) is there a strong logical structure to the track? (even more out there stuff will have a structure of sorts), and 2) do the different elements of the track feed into and build this cohesion and narrative, or do they work against it? Hope that's at least semi-useful to you.

tl;dr - i liked it, but it feels slightly bitty in places

hmm yeah the logical structure aspect is something I'm definitely gonna work with on this track some more, right now it seriously is just a bunch of parts i was writing, that I started putting together and drew a blank heh. good advice, much appreciated.

good work. I wish the bells at the beginning were being arpeggiated on smaller pitch intervals, they sound too happy. As for the stuff about making sections more unique from one another, it seems like there are sometimes patterns that come in half way through one section then end halfway through the next. Binding them together like this makes the changes subtle. good work.

Archived