IGNORED

Anyone miss Troon?

Audioblysk

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't let his eloquence fool you, redtruth spends his time in the swamps of ohio

tumblr_lymyiw4i6n1r98oe0o1_1280.jpg

yo303, will ever learn that your obsession with gummo, and the idea that everyone who is not from where you live IS gummo, makes you more gummo than gummo itself? i mean, if you stare into gummo, doesn't it stare back?

whaaa? Deer is yo303?

What's up with all the members changing names lately? How does one do that?

Npoess changed names too

shit, even troon changed his/her/them name to redruth.

you have to admit though, he knowingly made himself a huge target for needling on here. especially with the multiple personality conceit and the effete nonsense he posted in genban discussions sometimes.

*stumbles down queer street*

:cisfor:

to

be honest not really. I don't get the sense that he's being authentic

as a poster. Maybe others do, i just for a while literally thought he

was a Boomkat employee here. I don't thin that anymore but to me he

was borderline ET (old banned watmm member) just not as crazy.

His content-less, PR-pitchman "posts" in the new release forum kept it very much more alive watered the fuck down

Fix't

no

NO

I completely hated some of the fonts he used.

It always seemed like he was non human, sort of like a robot, with no emotions

He was trying to be interesting. He failed.

Should we make a virtual card that everyone can sign in MS Paint and then we will PM it to him?

:facepalm:

Should we make a virtual card that everyone can sign in MS Paint and then we will PM it to him?

:facepalm:

How dare you face palm my post.

Boomkat's pretty good innit? I mean it is a business and troon did advertise for them in a way, intentional or not... but for the most part a link to a boomkat page was more an advertisement for the underground musicians (certainly not insanely obscure ofc) sold through boomkat and one could just use boomkat as a source for listening to samples then purchase the music through which ever distributor they prefer. Essentially we aren't really talking about corporate swine, just music enthusiasts trying to make a living.

they aren't corporate swine, but seeing them in any way as an oracle of tast making in my mind is a mistake, since they are a business who now pushes stuff off their own label (Without making it overtly clear 'hey this is music we released, check it out') instead they pass it off as any other stuff they're hyping, which i find just blatantly unsettling. I like honesty personally, and it factors into my ability to find something respectable

edit: I've also had my own completely business to business problems with them. I won't go into the details but they make it very hard to get ahold of anybody there unless you're a hot commodity. So i don't really find that attitude very friendly to underground music culture in general

edit2: there is a wonderful quote by Alan Moore where he says that any culture created by corporatism or the desire for profit is incidental, and i think while Boomkat probably isn't a huge operation they are a perfect example of this. There is an inherent and undeniable conflict of interest when you are a large-ish store but at the same time trying to present yourself as an educational underground culture guide. Why this gets people into a huff to point this out is sort of hard for me to understand, isn't it obvious?

Boomkat's pretty good innit? I mean it is a business and troon did advertise for them in a way, intentional or not... but for the most part a link to a boomkat page was more an advertisement for the underground musicians (certainly not insanely obscure ofc) sold through boomkat and one could just use boomkat as a source for listening to samples then purchase the music through which ever distributor they prefer. Essentially we aren't really talking about corporate swine, just music enthusiasts trying to make a living.

they aren't corporate swine, but seeing them in any way as an oracle of tast making in my mind is a mistake, since they are a business who now pushes stuff off their own label (Without making it overtly clear 'hey this is music we released, check it out') instead they pass it off as any other stuff they're hyping, which i find just blatantly unsettling. I like honesty personally, and it factors into my ability to find something respectable

Doesn't JR get money if we visit Boomkat? So, probably they are in cahoots together.

not that i know of, haha. Also their ad in the wire with the pixelated cat pissing out of stress just annoys me. Even big distros like Cargo actually talk about products in their ads, if they did an 8-bit logo of a guy shitting himself with no information I'd be equally annoyed

Boy o boy. Reminiscence thread!

Anyone remember that time he kept adding nearly invisible tiny white dots at the end of every post he made?

And how he kept rotating his avatar the whole time? With always the same avatars? (Which he then started to post in the recent picture thread?) I'm still not sure if he changed his avatars manually, or if a script did that. Both is kinda creepy.

Or how he always draws attention by announcing himself "leaving" this place, only to return after a while? (this time he even made it "symbolic" to announce his leaving in the 2012 Apocalypse thread)

Or when I accidently stumbled upon his identity? :emotawesomepm9:

needs moar reminiscence

Guest Lucy Faringold

yeah sorry but going to stalker-ish lengths to publicly reveal a poster's identity is bullshit and super-creepy

Archived