IGNORED

Anyone miss Troon?

Audioblysk

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Troon seems inactive as of late. I miss the chap and am probably alone in this. His posts in the new release forum kept it very much more alive

Come back, Troon.

Don't you mean Redurth?

don't you mean redruth?

Don't you mean Redurth?

to be honest not really. I don't get the sense that he's being authentic as a poster. Maybe others do, i just for a while literally thought he was a Boomkat employee here. I don't thin that anymore but to me he was borderline ET (old banned watmm member) just not as crazy.

Troon seems inactive as of late. I miss the chap and am probably alone in this. His posts in the new release forum kept it very much more alive

Come back, Troon.

Don't you mean Redurth?

don't you mean redruth?

Don't you mean Redurth?

don't you mean Redruth?

I can't believe it's not butter!

i just don't get the actual sense he's in love with the music he keeps posting about. It's sort of like the WATMM equivalent of a punk rocker in high-school who just keeps adding obscure punk band patches to his black hoodie each consecutive day he comes to school. I mean he very well could be deeply in love with the stuff he posts about, i just dont feel it personally. Which again i wills tate for the record, there is an aura of non authenticity about his posts which rub me the wrong way. Maybe he's just a young dude, and if so i feel bad even being critical about it.

Guest Lucy Faringold

He seems nice. Inscrutable, but nice.

i just don't get the actual sense he's in love with the music he keeps posting about. It's sort of like the WATMM equivalent of a punk rocker in high-school who just keeps adding obscure punk band patches to his black hoodie each consecutive day he comes to school. I mean he very well could be deeply in love with the stuff he posts about, i just dont feel it personally. Which again i wills tate for the record, there is an aura of non authenticity about his posts which rub me the wrong way. Maybe he's just a young dude, and if so i feel bad even being critical about it.

I just don't think he's articulate in the same way some WATMMers are. His posts seemed to have a pleasingly gentle lilt; free of the usual ironic/smart ass posturing. Never felt he was a faker at all.

Hope he's doing alright. He seemed a bit fragile at times.

tbh with the amount of unnecessary abuse he received I don't see any reason for him to come back

He never left, I saw him post a couple days ago

He posted on feb 3rd 2013

Yeah, i think that was him posting from his death bed.

tbh with the amount of unnecessary abuse he received I don't see any reason for him to come back

Agree. Good soul imo, given to outspokenness and fragility thereafter.

I like(d) Troon and have no issue with his enthusiasm to share new releases as there were many releases I may have not heard if troon had never joined. Perhaps he enjoys A LOT of music, but his tastes didn't seem random or blatantly against watmm's collective taste. Things that weren't of watmm's liking would just sink off page 1. It's not as if watmm is dealing with a finite amount of threads.

He never left, I saw him post a couple days ago

He posted on feb 3rd 2013

Yeah, i think that was him posting from his death bed.

I hope not... that would be terrible..

he was fun to talk to in PMs, but he/they still post, right? stephen is right, there was a post about Actress' RIP from redruth about half a week ago.

he always did have good tips on new electroonic music... and yes, i too have my suspicions that he is involved with boomkat. the 14tracks emails i get come off a lot like a brother of troon, check this out: "if we're going to attribute the rise of 'Nause Techno' to anything, it's a craving for more visceral sensation, whether thru volume or kinaethesia, and there's no arguing that this stuff won't stimulate areas other sounds don't reach"

*donates phlegm for redruth*

Boomkat's pretty good innit? I mean it is a business and troon did advertise for them in a way, intentional or not... but for the most part a link to a boomkat page was more an advertisement for the underground musicians (certainly not insanely obscure ofc) sold through boomkat and one could just use boomkat as a source for listening to samples then purchase the music through which ever distributor they prefer. Essentially we aren't really talking about corporate swine, just music enthusiasts trying to make a living.

Yeah I didn't mean to say it was necessarily something bad, just that he seemed to be in cahoots with them, and that's interesting. I'm not a huge fan of boomkat myself, too much over-selling and grandiose nonsense just to push a record, but I do respect that a lot of artists use that site to get large exposure. it's all good.

troon once told me he was a group of people, and i am still unsure if that is true or if he just thinks of himself as the Royal We. Re: his philosophical shenanigans in genban -- he revealed a lot more of his ideas in PM, and tbh i agree with him on most fronts, we just had really different ideas about how to communicate our beliefs to other people. interesting account, bot/group/employee/whatever it was :cool:

Archived