IGNORED

do you eat KFC?

Guest yikes

Guest VECTRON

every act of killing or imprisoning of animals for the enjoyment of our species is perverted animal abuse if you apply the human norms to this, sure there are degrees of suffering but let's get real here.

Wat about hunting? So the animal lives a happy life in the wild all its life, until you put lead through its head lol

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd eat there before I was a vegetarian because my Dad would take my brothers and I there. The popcorn chicken was always just breading.

From the quote above: "Marinated with... Colonel’s Secret Original Recipe Seasoning OR Potato Starch".

Who knew that you could jut substitute the Secret Recipe with Potato Starch?

The amazingness and mere existence of Popeyes renders trash like KFC completely superfluous and useless.

It was the demon in Paranormal Activity 4 who made me speak this word n that

Guest Aserinsky

The amazingness and mere existence of Popeyes renders trash like KFC completely superfluous and useless.

Popeyes1_ph_alb_140320114329.jpg

Didn't used to but after seeing that tasty feast i might start, ahhhhhh

Could someone explain the biscuits part of the Chicken & Biscuits slogan on the box? Because right now I can't help but imagine a plate consisting of fried chicken and an assortment of rich tea and digestives, which just sounds all kinds of wrong.

Guest fiznuthian

Popeyes1_ph_alb_140320114329.jpg

Didn't used to but after seeing that tasty feast i might start, ahhhhhh

Could someone explain the biscuits part of the Chicken & Biscuits slogan on the box? Because right now I can't help but imagine a plate consisting of fried chicken and an assortment of rich tea and digestives, which just sounds all kinds of wrong.

lol.

biscuits.jpg

Basically:

-Buttermilk

-Flour

-Butter

-Salt

-Baking soda and baking powder

Bake and rub butter on them when they're done. Seriously, don't knock these until you've had one.

Guest Aserinsky

Biscuits and gravy are one thing I feel English people are truly deprived for not knowing

tumblr_lzfm87AvXC1r8jkpuo1_500.jpg

lol Breadquanda is seriously eyeing that plate

What the fucking shit is the horrendous mockery of scones? First you're calling them biscuits, then you serve them with fried chicken. Now you're putting gravy on them!? Scones should only be enjoyed with a cup of tea with jam (or some other sort of sweet filling, butter is also acceptable) spread in the middle. We already have enough conflict over the pronunciation of the word scone itself here, we don't need you lot buggering things up!

Seriously though thank you both xxx and fiznuthian for clearing that up for me :flower:

Biscuits and gravy are one thing I feel English people are truly deprived for not knowing

What the fucking shit is the horrendous mockery of scones? First you're calling them biscuits, then you serve them with fried chicken. Now you're putting gravy on them!? Scones should only be enjoyed with a cup of tea with jam (or some other sort of sweet filling, butter is also acceptable) spread in the middle. We already have enough conflict over the pronunciation of the word scone itself here, we don't need you lot buggering things up!

Seriously though thank you both xxx and fiznuthian for clearing that up for me :flower:

civil war time because butter IS NOT acceptable.

clotted cream (and jam, together)

Guest fiznuthian

Okay.. do the American southern style biscuits I just described have the same texture as UK scones?
Because I worked in a bakery and don't recall "scones" (can't tell you if they were legit or not..) had a richer, dense crumbly texture to them.
"Biscuits" (for you UK) as I described have a very soft, flaky kind of feel.. They both look similar in photos maybe that's where the confusion is coming from.

Guest Aserinsky

civil war time because butter IS NOT acceptable.

clotted cream (and jam, together)

Okay, I'll give it to you that clotted cream and jam is the way it SHOULD be done. However if it's between a buttery and a dry scone, then a buttery scone is acceptable. It's also acceptable if you're on a budget too / not of a social status which can be seen enjoying cream teas.

at the beginning of what would prove to be a 4 year spiral into the depths of nihilism and soullessness I found myself in the parking lot of a movie theater with a giant pot of KFC, barbecue sauce on my fingers and face, tears of hysteria in my eyes

that night i tried cutting my wrists but decided against the whole thing when i started to break the skin

if i could kill myself and then like reverse the whole thing once i get to the after life, i probably would go through with it. but then it would just be like renting magnolia or something so theres really no point

scones aren't biscuits, don't be ridiculous

biscuits are way lighter, not generally made with any sugar (as a good number of scones are), and they are always served hot

like fiz said, don't knock em till youve tried them. biscuits and gravy are godly.

Guest fiznuthian

By the way, if you ever eat at Cracker Barrel, they make their biscuits from scratch and aren't too shabby, but because they're made from scratch not everyone makes them well. Often your biscuits will be shit, but there's cooks out there who will put passion into your biscuits. The servers are also usually either really attractive, or really sweet older ladies.

Cracker barrel employee of 3 years.. Put passion in my biscuits.

Archived