IGNORED

describe your ideal computer game

kaini

just regarding gameplay: morrowind was absouletly perfect, and still is. everyone who played it knows what i mean.

yup.

YES. i keep wishing that Morrowind would be redone with a new physics engine but keep everything else exactly the same. it would be one of the greatest games ever made (or remade in this case).

there's a huge mod community for morrowind that have accomplished basically that.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Frankie5fingers

just regarding gameplay: morrowind was absouletly perfect, and still is. everyone who played it knows what i mean.

yup.

YES. i keep wishing that Morrowind would be redone with a new physics engine but keep everything else exactly the same. it would be one of the greatest games ever made (or remade in this case).

there's a huge mod community for morrowind that have accomplished basically that.

graphics wise yes. ive download about 10 gigs worth of mods to make it look pretty awesome. but i never found anything for the physics itself. can you even mod a game's physics engine?

Deus Ex sequel

But not like Invisible War

Similarly amazing music than the original

Similar gameplay (ironsights maybe)

Better graphics (like HumanRevolution but not that shiny - more Noir-like)

More Morgan Everett and Illuminatis/Templars in Paris (Chad, Nicolette...)

Provide Warren Spector all the time and resources he needs to make it even better than the original

Oh I almost forgot to add to my post, I'd love to have a resurgence of interest in Point and Click adventure games. Botanicula was one of the last games I played that really grabbed me, disappointing that nobody has really taken a lead or developed from it since.

I don't suppose you've played Primordia? It was released only two months ago, and is very similar in gameplay to Lucas Arts adventure games of the early '90s. Everything is hand-drawn and animated in sprites as well.

Guest Aserinsky

Oh I almost forgot to add to my post, I'd love to have a resurgence of interest in Point and Click adventure games. Botanicula was one of the last games I played that really grabbed me, disappointing that nobody has really taken a lead or developed from it since.

I don't suppose you've played Primordia? It was released only two months ago, and is very similar in gameplay to Lucas Arts adventure games of the early '90s. Everything is hand-drawn and animated in sprites as well.

Oh wow this game looks awesome, I never knew this existed! Will have to pick this up sometime. Thanks!

A modern crime-noirish type game set in a sandbox world where you play a detective with multiple layered crime plots and mysterys to solve in seedy underworlds and environments, but methods effect outcome and world events like a Heavy Rain meets the freedom of Skyrim. Gunplay and combat could be handled more like Mass Effect 2&3 without any special abilities. possibly with RPG elements to improve investigative skills and gun skills, etc. I'd play the shit out of something like that.

an actual good Hitman game

A HD collection with Hitman 2, Contracts and Blood Money released a few weeks ago.

yes. had no idea, thank you

yup.

what is it about morrowind that makes it so much better than oblivion or skyrim?

A modern crime-noirish type game set in a sandbox world where you play a detective with multiple layered crime plots and mysterys to solve in seedy underworlds and environments, but methods effect outcome and world events like a Heavy Rain meets the freedom of Skyrim. Gunplay and combat could be handled more like Mass Effect 2&3 without any special abilities. possibly with RPG elements to improve investigative skills and gun skills, etc. I'd play the shit out of something like that.

Wasn't LA Noire supposed to be like that?

the perfect multiplayer game would be a combination of these things:

-the general story of jagged alliance 2 or 7.62 high calibre... factions fighting to control resources, territory, and people.

-gameplay that is a combination of sandbox style like just cause 2 with lots of vehicles, and first person shooter like black ops or whatever cod

-in a massive multiplayer world with multiple countries/climates, an economy, massive skill tree, and shit-tons of weapons/equipment... sort of like eve online but not in space

-set in the 1980s

pretty much any storyline from any war game or military/crime action movie ever could be played out in a game like this.

zombies in halo 2

i like when there is a feeling of anarchy in the game.

but it has to be fun. it has to feel like there are factions going at each other

if it makes you smile, makes your blood pump, and fills you with a shitload of energy and excitement, that's a good sign. nothing except zombies in halo 2 really has doen that for me in a long time.

people in CSS did zombies but it was nowhere near the same. it was awful. there was anarchy but it was stupid. i've seen anarchy on minecraft and it also sucked. neither of those games used the possibility of anarchy properly.

zombies in halo 2, and to a lesser extent in halo 3, did.

people need to be encouraged to talk into their microphones. it needs to feel like a crazy thing going on in the gameworld. you want to be so excited that you feel like you're 10 years old playing an epic game of hide and seek in your neighborhood. running around. "who is the monster!?!?!?" holy fucking shit. i just thought of the best fucking idea for a game in a long fucking time. we could make so much money.

in real life you can hide.

in what game can you hide?

this game is a large gameworld.

very low graphics to acheive the ability to make a huge world with tons of spots to hide.

the gametype is zombies, or what we used to call "scream" in my neighborhood back home

it starts in a single spot. there is 1 zombie. everyone departs.

-the "fun" of the game is not knowing who is a zombie yet. this is hard to accomplish but I will figure it out.

-the ANTI-FUN of most zombie games comes in 2 forms:

1. everyone goes on top of the buildings making it nearly impossible for the zombies to attack. not balanced properly and literally zero fun for anybody. boring.

2. not enough hiding spaces because maps are too simplified. not enough places for people to go. not enough room between "teams" or players.

several remedies for those problems:

1. in beginning of game, the first zombie has increased speed and can jump further?

2. in beginning of game, no player is armed. guns are scarce and can only be found by running out into the level, where they are dispersed at random in the very large map. this means that players have to split up. without walkie talkies or radar, this means that players will be isolated quickly. no chance for players to gang up in rooms... yet (in early stages. players must find weapons.)

3. other technology can be found in the level. there are walkie talkies. if you find a walkie talkie you gain access to long range communication with other players.

now, one of the key aspects of the game is not knowing whether a person is a friend or foe. i'm not sure about this. one of the fun aspects of SCREAM we played in my neighborhood was walking around for 30 minutes alone, hiding, and not knowing if your friend was "one of them." we would hide in the bushes.

one of the big points here is that in real life, it is much easier to hide than it is in video games. closets, basements, trees... it's much easier to "stalk" and to stay out of sight of others. you can spy on them as they walk through without being noticed. this rarely happens in video games. well, here is a new mechanic to work with. no cloaking, just hiding.

the final problem is the problem of unidentified zombies. i think the game would be called Body Snatchers. there is no indication of who is a friend or foe in the game. well, hmm. maybe this works better in real life, without guns. because your friend can come up to you, and say: "i'm not one of them yet," and then you start running around together for fun. in game world ,there is no incentive for this. you don't care about the other people, and you just want to win. so you kill them.

honestly that kind of "anti-imagination" anti-pretend pro-win pro-camp pro-sniper pro-points mentality is what makes video games essentially worthless to me. i can't stand the nerds and losers who want their score boosted because they have nothing else to do. games like minecraft work on your imagination, and so did Halo. you wanted to win but either way it was fun to play. it was an adventure... riding across the map in tanks, zombies coming at you, hiding in a room and trying to stave them off. you run out into the map and you know its high risk, they might get you. but you need ammo. zombies is not, and cannot be, a game for "f***ts" who just want to sit and snipe their point ratio higher and higher.

Kind of I guess, I haven't played LA Noire but I know it was set in the 30's or 40's. I mean like a modern as in like current year noir... I also heard LA Noire's gameplay was pretty lacking and left a lot to be desired. LA Noire also just didn't strike me as gritty enough hence the reasons why I haven't tried it. I also think LA Noire was more linear in terms of the actual missions and I don't think they effected the overall world.

definitely agree that we need more games like morrowind. skyrim was a good tribute, but bethesda missed the point of what people liked about morrowind in a few places. still a huge fan of oblivion as well

basically

I want to be able to explore beautiful areas and have adventures after dark when I cant do it in the woods outside irl. having a plot is secondary. being able to troll npcs is good too when you get bored of exploring.

minecraft fulfilled my needs for a good while, but now the block based stucture just seems kind of limiting and immersion ruining to me. everything just looks the same now.

1 Multiplayer game I can not for the life of me ever stop playing is Hidden Source. Its an HL2 mod. I really love it and wish to see a real game made out of it one day. The developers seem to have abandon it.

Your a team of max 8 people who hunt this very difficult yet not impossible to see dude known as the hidden. The team known as the IRIS are equipped with weapons to kill the hidden. The hidden himself only wields a knife, but aside from his transparent body, he is able to leap very far, stick on walls and see the enemies health through walls all on a finite amount of stamina that replenishes when rested. Oh and the hidden can pick up props like barrels and crates and hurl them at the IRIS. If done in a particular manner, he can kill an IRIS recruit in 1 hit.

Its a very fun, intense and suspenseful game that keeps you constantly alert and has a variety of play tactics.

Kind of I guess, I haven't played LA Noire but I know it was set in the 30's or 40's. I mean like a modern as in like current year noir... I also heard LA Noire's gameplay was pretty lacking and left a lot to be desired. LA Noire also just didn't strike me as gritty enough hence the reasons why I haven't tried it. I also think LA Noire was more linear in terms of the actual missions and I don't think they effected the overall world.

I haven't played it, either. I heard the facial capture technology was great, but there was a lot lacking in the puzzle dept. I would like to see a similar game that doesn't point you in a direction automatically. A lot of crime games/detective stories kind of give you all of the clues and outline where you need to go. It would be more rewarding for the player if they just dropped you in the city, showed you what happened and said "Good luck. Figure it out."

I'm really annoyed that a lot of games these days are too easy.

Grand Theft Auto San Andreas sized sandbox world with god-mode VS Katamari + ariel battles like Gradius V - all shitty videogame stories and ZERO cut-scenes that jar you out of the game's atmosphere

A game where you play a woman that is stalked by a fat plumber on mescaline.

that would be an excellent retcon of the Mario bros mythology

Archived