IGNORED

Well, BT likes Autechre...

ZoeB

lol, fair enough, i was just hoping you weren't actually upset about this thread in some way. carry on compson. :nacmat:

lol

I could see why you would think that as I did go beyond just accusing her for trolling and concluded her motivations. Which is harder to prove but in this case I think I am right. And the thing with trolling everyone does it. Some better than others. :gamer:

OP is the nicest person on this forum and you guys ridiculed her taste and accused her of trolling. Congrats.

NP Limpy. We don't like BT's music and yes we accused her of trolling. And I would agree ZoeB is one of the nicest people on watmm. Hard to decide on which is the absolute nicest. You are nice, most watmmers are generally nice.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol, fair enough, i was just hoping you weren't actually upset about this thread in some way. carry on compson. :nacmat:

lol

I could see why you would think that as I did go beyond just accusing her for trolling and concluded her motivations. Which is harder to prove but in this case I think I am right. And the thing with trolling everyone does it. Some better than others. :gamer:

OP is the nicest person on this forum and you guys ridiculed her taste and accused her of trolling. Congrats.

NP Limpy. We don't like BT's music and yes we accused her of trolling. And I would agree ZoeB is one of the nicest people on watmm. Hard to decide on which is the absolute nicest. You are nice, most watmmers are generally nice.

I'm just saying there are people that are fair game for this sorta stuff (e.g. me, CharlesWatkins, MisterE, Yolo303) and then there are kind, sincere folks like ZoeB who just don't deserve this treatment.

Worst attempt at white knighting 2013.

Zoe's intention were good but she should've known what the response would be like (specially after that BT thread she started)

Most of watmm probably doesnt like BT very much, and probably most of watmm doesnt give a shit which famous person like autechre.

Thread was dead in conception.

From my perspective I am only driving the thread to its intended conclusion. It's not about if someone deserves it, it's simply my observation of this thread and how it transpired. If she is completely sincere and never intended to start anything then she should have absolutely no problem with what I said. If she was troll baiting then she needs to improve and be a bit more subtle about it. Because this thread simply stinks.

Zoe's intention were good but she should've known what the response would be like (specially after that BT thread she started)

That is *literally* blame-the-victim logic.

Worst attempt at logic 2013.

What do you think its gonna happen loo? shes gonna PM and say lets meet up somewhere.

I am blaming the victim here because she is well aware of watmm's negativity towards BT, why start the thread knowing most of the comments will be negative.

Also there is no victim here allright mr jedi, this is absurd.

No, people who present information in mis-guided ways should be criticized. It's like a Fox News ploy with putting Obama for Osama. It's absolutely a load of shit in terms of thread creating abilities and expectations. She has to have known Watmm does not favor BT's music at all. So why make the thread? Because she had to have wanted the shit storm that follows. As with the continued troll baiting comments throughout.

No, people who present information in mis-guided ways should be criticized. It's like a Fox News ploy with putting Obama for Osama. It's absolutely a load of shit in terms of thread creating abilities and expectations. She has to have known Watmm does not favor BT's music at all. So why make the thread? Because she had to have wanted the shit storm that follows. As with the continued troll baiting comments throughout.

How about you go back and read OP and see how she presented the information. And read the title of the thread.

I liked BT back when I knew nothing about electronic music/must be all pop/dance music/etc. etc. and that was like sophisticated out-there shit when all else you know is like TIESTO etc. I still think Movement in Still Life has some good tracks (the UK version though the US version has awful shit and shortens a bunch of tracks) like actual EMOTION embedded somewhere in the tracks. Like Godspeed seems like that FLAMING JUNE track but more mature and has this middle part without beats that is kind of atmospheric. I also think he has a good sense of texture sometimes? I might be sentimental about it though because of association with college and stuff/discovering a lot of music in a short span of time including BT among more talented people

Also to add some points against him, supposedly every track that's any good is COLLABORATION with some other musician like uh here's for movement in still life

• Peanut Butter Wolf: record scratching on "Movement in Still Life" and "Love on Haight Street"
  • Sasha: Co-production on "Ride"
  • Planet Asia: Vocals on "Madskillz-Mic Chekka"
  • Adam Freeland: Co-production on "Madskillz-Mic Chekka"
  • Hutchi: Vocals on "Madskillz-Mic Chekka"
  • Rasco: Vocals on "Madskillz-Mic Chekka", "Smartbomb" and "Love on Haight Street"
  • DJ Davey Dave: "cuts" and "scratching" on "Madskillz-Mic Chekka" and "Smartbomb"
  • Kevin Beber: Co-production on "Madskillz-Mic Chekka"
  • Tsunami One: Co-production on "The Hip Hop Phenomenon"
  • Jan Johnston: Vocals on "Mercury and Solace"; backing vocals on "Dreaming"
  • DJ Rap: Vocals on "Giving Up the Ghost"
  • Paul Van Dyk: Co-production on "Namasté"
  • Kirsty Hawkshaw: Vocals on "Dreaming" and "Running Down the Way Up"
  • Hybrid: Co-production on "Running Down the Way Up" and co-credited with "Godspeed"
  • Scott Frassetto: Live drums on "Satellite"
  • Richard Fortus: Guitars on "Shame", "Running Down the Way Up" and "Smartbomb"
  • Mike Doughty: Vocals on "Never Gonna Come Back Down"
  • Fifty Grand: Vocals on "Love on Haight Street"
  • BT: All other vocals, instruments and programming

also he produced for britney spears and nsync he's part of the problem

lol what

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morceau_Subrosa

I also liked this remix but apparently LUCID is some other musician

LimpyLoo

ho, you guys missed the question title, in the interview it is:

WHOSE HARD DRIVE WOULD BT LIKE TO SNEAK A PEEK AT?

BT: My number one is Autechre. What the hell are they doing?....

instead of

WHICH MUSICIAN DO YOU ADMIRE THE FXXKING MOST?

BT: My number one is Autechre, Fxxk, Yeah!

:emotawesomepm9:

I think ZoeB means it. You know, how Autechre "aren't exactly that well known" and that BT liking them is some kind of significant recognition for them or whatever.

That's a strange perspective especially on this board, but probably not purposely shit stirring.

It was more of a lapse in judgement by Zoe B more than anything, i don't think she meant any harm. She tried to steer the conversation onto Trent Reznor on page 2 so i think she realised her mistake pretty quick and backtracked accordingly

It was more of a lapse in judgement by Zoe B more than anything, i don't think she meant any harm. She tried to steer the conversation onto Trent Reznor on page 2 so i think she realised her mistake pretty quick and backtracked accordingly

Shhh. It's rude to talk with diarrhea in your mouth.

Guest RadarJammer

he is so creepy with those squirrel eyes and that "I just drugged your drink" smirk. i bet him and sting are in a secret date rape club

I just thought it was nice that an artist I like likes another artist I like. Autechre aren't exactly that well known, and I thought you might appreciate learning there's another well respected musician who likes them. Wow, you guys are so negative... :P

I can't read. You do like him. But whom do you take him to be respected by?

I think ZoeB means it. You know, how Autechre "aren't exactly that well known" and that BT liking them is some kind of significant recognition for them or whatever.That's a strange perspective especially on this board, but probably not purposely shit stirring.

And why is that a strange perspective? Are we supposed to have a certain perspective?

ZoeB, if you read this: please stay and ignore the aspergers-fests that can explode from time to time. Try to see it like a once a month thing where otherwise sane watmm'ers can completely get off track from time to time. Nobody's perfect. And the reason this thread got off track hasn't got much to do with anything you did.

For the aspergers: IMOIMOIMOIMOIMOIMOIMOIMOIMO

I think ZoeB means it. You know, how Autechre "aren't exactly that well known" and that BT liking them is some kind of significant recognition for them or whatever.That's a strange perspective especially on this board, but probably not purposely shit stirring.

And why is that a strange perspective? Are we supposed to have a certain perspective?

ZoeB, if you read this: please stay and ignore the aspergers-fests that can explode from time to time. Try to see it like a once a month thing where otherwise sane watmm'ers can completely get off track from time to time. Nobody's perfect. And the reason this thread got off track hasn't got much to do with anything you did.

For the aspergers: IMOIMOIMOIMOIMOIMOIMOIMOIMO

This thread had no track to begin with because 99% of Autechre fans who post on WATMM don't really care about BT and his desire to steal AE's ideas by peaking at their harddrive. There's little to no substance to his comment about AE. I can think of 10+ Watmmers at least who I have more respect for than BT, which is why I post and read watmm in the first place (some very interesting and creative people here, as well general admiration for people who share similar tastes to me). Anyone who has been around these parts for long enough will know how pointless it would be to start posting threads about Skrillex, BT, Deadmau5, etc etc. The haters are gonna hate if you open up the gates of cynicism towards more mainstream music. It's in IDMers DNA to be a bit annoyed that you would never hear AE playing at the grocery store or at a college party. As is its also annoying that people who seem a lot less devoted to exploring new sounds and music get more fame and money. It's not something that whining or hating on will fix, so its purely irrational and emotional. But it's there and Zoe should know it and not take the arrogant standpoint of assuming her tastes are pure and that most of WATMM is superficial with their understanding of BT's music. It has nothing to do with his hair. His music is average and boring. There, that's my opinion.

Compson, I've got a simple tip for you. Stop trying to talk on behalf of "99% of Autechre fans who post on WATMM". It's tiresome, and quite frankly, I think it's pretty stupid. Keep to yourself by sticking to your own opinion. That's a bit more effective than your opinion of what the opinion of another majority about what that majority would think of this thread. It's just nonsense.

I'm a fan and I can not see why ZoeB shouldn't have made a thread like this. My opinion. I can understand how people like awe can see BT as some hoax who literally pays other to make his music. That's fine, but that doesn't mean that ZoeB can't, or shouldn't make this thread. Personally, I think it's interesting to see Autechre getting appreciation from unexpected corners of the industry. And I wasn't aware BT was hiring people to cut up his samples, and what not. I've learned a thing or two. And the funny thing is, that ZoeB threads tend to have an amazingly good ratio on the hit-miss scale. Especially in the music production department. So, imo she deserves a lot more respect than she got in this thread. And I think it's pretty fucking stupid to even point this out.

Compson, I've got a simple tip for you. Stop trying to talk on behalf of "99% of Autechre fans who post on WATMM". It's tiresome, and quite frankly, I think it's pretty stupid. Keep to yourself by sticking to your own opinion. That's a bit more effective than your opinion of what the opinion of another majority about what that majority would think of this thread. It's just nonsense.

I'm a fan and I can not see why ZoeB shouldn't have made a thread like this. My opinion. I can understand how people like awe can see BT as some hoax who literally pays other to make his music. That's fine, but that doesn't mean that ZoeB can't, or shouldn't make this thread. Personally, I think it's interesting to see Autechre getting appreciation from unexpected corners of the industry. And I wasn't aware BT was hiring people to cut up his samples, and what not. I've learned a thing or two. And the funny thing is, that ZoeB threads tend to have an amazingly good ratio on the hit-miss scale. Especially in the music production department. So, imo she deserves a lot more respect than she got in this thread. And I think it's pretty fucking stupid to even point this out.

I don't mean literally 99%, its an expression that means the vast majority of something. Which is true, the vast majority of WATMM shows little interests or favorability to BT vocally. That can be proven through sampling post history on Google.

I never said she shouldn't make this thread. I was simply pointing out the way she made it was in my opinion, poorly done if not trollish. I respectfully laid out my reasons for thinking this and criticized the method. It's akin to if I went to the MTV forums and made a thread about Hecker or Merzbow and accused people who disliked the music as racist against bald people or the japanese.

Archived