IGNORED

Oscars

lumpenprol

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why do people always get so upset about the word cunt? I know it seems to be used more casually over in the UK but here in the states it's like "Oh no you didn't!" everytime the word is dropped. People need to quit being such uptight cunts about a word, it's just a word, I use it all the time...

because you arent american unless you are offended by something.

Seth McFarlane was an odd choice for such a such a prestigious ceremony which apparently takes itself so seriously. Not that he isn't a good host, it's just that the last thing I saw him host was The Roast Of Charlie Sheen.

so, i haven't watched an Oscars ceremony for about 10 years, and since there's so much fuss about this year's show, i decided to watch...

i wondered, while watching the red carpet, how is this not more sexist than the boobs thing. oh well...

gonna watch the full thing now...

Guest Mirezzi

i wondered, while watching the red carpet, how is this not more sexist than the boobs thing. oh well...

Yes.

As a friend pointed out on Facebook:

"I read an article about how sexist MacFarlane is. Then the next article was mocking women's dresses at the oscars."

are you guys really bothered by sexism? we had a whole thread devoted to kristen stewart being a coked out whore that was based, essentially, on nothing. which i'm all for, btw. it's just strange to watch the selective righteousness at work on this and other forums. and the oscars will stop being about white men when the western world and its many industries stop being about white men. so that isn't happening any time soon.

agreed, and not to be ultra PC about anything but it's not like acting requires superior from-birth enhanced physical abilities. How is granting an award to male and female on screen performers separately not sexist?

what cock for?

oh yeah...

this is an Oscars thread.

Jennifer Lawrence had her award predetermined by Harvey Weinstein.

Amy Adams gave her best performance yet in the Master as a manipulative cult leading bitch.

Emannuelle Riva played a woman dying, and looked like she was dying! She could have actually sparked an early death by pretending so well.

Sally Fields yelled at Daniel Day Lewis and is Sally Fields.

Jennifer Lawrence played a neurotic hot chick.

lol?

the oscars are a complete waste of breath and itd be better to just ignore them then give them any more relevancy by being outraged by something that is already known (hollywood is mostly white old men).

fuck off oscar, no one cares

Nice touch! By using the 'EFF' it got far less sexist than the term it represents. But what has a top got to do with it? Is your name a reference to hot wimmins clothing pieces by any chance?

To just echo the previous sentiment, I'm surprised a forum which is devoted to lovers of obscure electronic music give a shit about a forum used for the propagation of popular film.

It's a zero sum gain.

Archived