IGNORED

Oscars

lumpenprol

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did anyone caught the joke the host made about George Clooney having sex with the little girl from souther wild beats of new orleans or whatever that movie is called.

I'm not watching it but i saw the first 15 minutes or something and i swear i heard that joke.

(I wasnt offended or impressed by that joke but i thought the awkwardness it created was pretty funny)

i thought seth was a great pick, because he's a song and dance man wrapped up in shit-smeared fart-joke-tunic. What's not to like! He's got a nice pure tone to his voice.

reminds my of the first season of family guy when they had a live orchestra at their disposal and episodes would break into show tunes. Loved that first season, sooo sad it all went to shit

good to see roger deakins getting passed up again. why would you give an award to a guy who shot movies that look like this:

skyfall_shanghai.jpg?w=660

or this:

ncfom.png

or this:

review-taojj.jpg

when the clear winner looks like this:

156725-myst.jpg

forgot who bryan cranston was, saw walter white behind ben affleck. would have been cool if he tore the award from him and said "i won", then murdered everyone on stage.

wish I had been able to watch the whole thing, I want more McFarlane lines. Apparently one was:

Welcoming Michael Douglas and Jane Fonda to give the best director honor, he quipped, "They remember when this town was cocaine trees as far as the eye can see."

i thought seth was a great pick, because he's a song and dance man wrapped up in shit-smeared fart-joke-tunic. What's not to like! He's got a nice pure tone to his voice.

Yeah he was a really good host and the jokes were pretty good - seems like a nice enough guy IRL. I suppose plenty of other shitty manatees writers to blame for the mediocrity of Family Guy. Hell I think he might of been sincerely embarrassed that he had to do the Ted bit too.

I'd would like to see him host again, even though I actually didn't mind the stoner-esque awkward clusterfuck that was the year Franco and Hathaway hosted.

Sad to see the animated short go to Disney. Nothing beats the "separated lovers reunited at a train station" cliche.

It's pretty offensive that the Simpsons short even received a nomination.

Sad to see the animated short go to Disney. Nothing beats the "separated lovers reunited at a train station" cliche.

It's pretty offensive that the Simpsons short even received a nomination.

Yeah it was quite meh. Cute and pretty and shit but really predictable. Oh well I like Pixar animator speeches - they thank their families and sound like real people.

Speaking of the exact quasi-genre you mentioned this 2010 short was way more novel and better music to boot:

http://vimeo.com/15263537

Archived