IGNORED

Reason 7 - pathetic increment

oscillik

so Reason is being pushed to version 7

and unless Propellerhead are holding back with features (I doubt they are), this is the worst version update they've ever made.

I will not be spending another £125 just for these features. If I'll be spending money on a sequencer, it'll be on Reaper

Guest apeterlives

it seems it's upgrading more to compete with other new software releases (especially with the buy now get the upgrade deal going on)... got to keep your brand relevant

I'm interested in given a listen to that Audiomatic Retro Transformer effect though

Guest apeterlives

Yeah, you're right adieu... I was just being an asshole again for God knows what reason. Reason has always been pretty cool. The instruments have been great and I love malstrom, but I wish there was one new instrument. If you've the system requirements it's worth signing up for the beta to to test it out. I also read that it is dongle free--if that's true it's cool.

I've always been a Reason guy in the past, still on version 5, but I've started to become more intrigued by other DAWS... Bought a Maschine that came with Massive and Komplete Essentials today. I'll probably still use Reason on occasion but idk if I'll be using it enough anymore to pay for the upgrade. Cool, that they're integrating 3rd party rack extensions and such now and seemingly opening it up to be used more with other programs.

eh, not THAT bad. i like the new mixer...

That new mixer? It's been built into Reason since v6, and prior to that it was part of Record back in 2010...

The spectrum analyzer is cool. Also, they have always had deals like the "buy it now, get upgrade for free".

Yeah, great for the people that happened to buy the £125 upgrade to Reason 6.5 on February 28.

The point is that these 'features' are not worth the £125 upgrade fee, and Propellerhead will get no money from me for this.

I also read that it is dongle free--if that's true it's cool.

I highly doubt that they'll have Reason 7 as dongle free. Do you have a link about that?

eh, not THAT bad. i like the new mixer...

That new mixer? It's been built into Reason since v6, and prior to that it was part of Record back in 2010...

>The spectrum analyzer is cool. Also, they have always had deals like the "buy it now, get upgrade for free".

Yeah, great for the people that happened to buy the £125 upgrade to Reason 6.5 on February 28.

The point is that these 'features' are not worth the £125 upgrade fee, and Propellerhead will get no money from me for this.

I also read that it is dongle free--if that's true it's cool.

I highly doubt that they'll have Reason 7 as dongle free. Do you have a link about that?

Well, I was referring to the person who referenced the free with purchase deal as if it was something new. I don't mind the dongle though.

I believe I bought Reason 3, upgraded to Reason 4, bought Record for Reason Owners, and got Reason 6 & 6.5 for free. Not so bad in my opinion. You don't really need to buy Reason 7 unless you really like these features.

Guest RadarJammer

that "Announcing Reason 7" video is creepy as fuck. the voice acting reminds me of an anti depressant tv commercial or something. nice and empty/soulless.

i like how they're using the Apple style advertising; there's a rack for that

patent-war incoming?

guy who did the voice acting should turn of his skype though ;)

Reason 7 is almost dongle free - there's now a third way to register, which takes your whole computer inte the reg. & auth.-process so you don't need any dongle or log in anymore... There's not much info on this tight now, more to follow I guess...

Reason 7 is almost dongle free - there's now a third way to register, which takes your whole computer inte the reg. & auth.-process so you don't need any dongle or log in anymore... There's not much info on this tight now, more to follow I guess...

Well, you'd still need to 'log in' at least initially.

Also, if they're gonna go that route, then that would mean that there will be limits on how many machines you can run Reason on.

The increments seem long overdue (and frankly they are), but I'm very happy about this, because it means reason will be forever more a much more powerful program. I'm not going to get this update, because... c'mon $125 for stuff I can already fake with workarounds? But I'm excited for the next update, because I'll be getting all this in addition to whatever else.

I love how the promo vid has the Midi Out capability bit surrounded by analogue, MIDI-less synths. When I saw that promo pic, I thought they were doing some Expert Sleepers style CV output capabilities.

Guest nuclearaddict

Never understood how people could handle using Reason long-term. Just drives me nuts after a while. I bet Reason fans are stoked for that midi out, though, ha.

I love how the promo vid has the Midi Out capability bit surrounded by analogue, MIDI-less synths. When I saw that promo pic, I thought they were doing some Expert Sleepers style CV output capabilities.

never realised that and I really should have. You're totally right - not one of the synths shown in the video actually have MIDI IN capability, unless retrofitted with this.

Never understood how people could handle using Reason long-term. Just drives me nuts after a while. I bet Reason fans are stoked for that midi out, though, ha.

I am (or was?) a Reason fan, and I'm not arsed at all. It would've been nice about 5 fucking years ago when, you know, I actually had some MIDI gear.

Pathetic Increment is a good name for a band - can't quite place the genre, possibly emo or goth-metal.

:emotawesomepm9:

Anyway not much to add here about this update which is sold as a new version :happy:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived