IGNORED

Tribute to the rogue planet named CFBDSIR_2149-0403 freely drifting in outer space after being ejected from orbit

Root5

hello, (new member here by the way)

i've been working on a track for the last couple of days but it's not ready yet...

i will send it to you in 7 hours or maybe tomorrow

just some questions about the album art, does this compilation have a specific name or is it the whole title of this thread?

moreover, is it necessary to include it on the cover?

thanks!

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was uploading my track to dropbox last night, but decided to listen back to it as it was uploading and realized the first half is waaaay off the mark. Upload aborted. I should be able to fix it up today, but failing that I'll just upload whatever I have on Fri.

just some questions about the album art, does this compilation have a specific name or is it the whole title of this thread?

wat

wat

...repeat...All after incinerators?

Aponeapc.jpg

wat

I was wondering if the name of the compilation is the whole title of this thread and if it is necessary to include it on the album art cover :wink:

wat

I was wondering if the name of the compilation is the whole title of this thread and if it is necessary to include it on the album art cover :wink:

Ohhhh!

Waitminute wat?

wat

Ohhhh!

Waitminute wat?

lol ok here's the thing: besides from submitting songs, we can also submit the album art and since i am interested in doing that, i wanted to know if i had to include the title of the compilation.

Last album was out in late July. The deadline for this was extended by a month, so if we follow the same timeline it will be out in late August. However, we had a pretty fast turn around time last year, given that we're all a bunch of volunteers. It's probably safe to expect it in mid September, and anything earlier than that is a pleasant surprise.

Last album was out in late July. The deadline for this was extended by a month, so if we follow the same timeline it will be out in late August. However, we had a pretty fast turn around time last year, given that we're all a bunch of volunteers. It's probably safe to expect it in mid September, and anything earlier than that is a pleasant surprise.

Sweet :)

A couple watmmers (including me of course), and a couple non watmmers.

Ultimately it's me who synthesizes the results from the judges and comes up with the final track list. But, as I found last year, having the opinions of the judges is extremely helpful and I rely very strongly on them. I try very hard to be faithful to the consensus opinion because, quite frankly, a better album is produced that way.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tracks for the album have been sent off for mastering.

There were a lot of good tracks this year, more than could be contained by a single album, so I'm also putting together an EP.

Thanks everyone for the contributions and hope to release the music soon!

Tracks for the album have been sent off for mastering.

There were a lot of good tracks this year, more than could be contained by a single album, so I'm also putting together an EP.

Thanks everyone for the contributions and hope to release the music soon!

Is the EP supposed to be like the Rogue Planet's Moon or something?

The EP will get mastered, and album art and everything.

The EP is more colourful and upbeat, so thematically it will be treated accordingly. All the source tracks were submitted for the Rogue Planets comp, but I don't want people to think of it as the Rogue Planets rejects. The tracks did just as well in the judging. They were sorted out based on how well they compliment each other, and how out of place they would have been on the full album.

Archived