IGNORED

stupid first world achievements and successes

eugene

the house i'm looking after the owner has a 5 grand massage chair. let's just say i'm not letting it go to waste.:)

good stuff! I was on a cruise that had a massage chair... safe to say it wasn't worth 5 grand ;p

the house i'm looking after the owner has a 5 grand massage chair. let's just say i'm not letting it go to waste.:)

good stuff! I was on a cruise that had a massage chair... safe to say it wasn't worth 5 grand ;p

yeah you can choose the aggressiveness of the thing, it feels so good

isn't it like a clumsy robot massaging you? needs that human touch, sensing those tense areas and working them. :boner:

Some of the RAAF personnel from Australia brought us beers @ work. Victoria Bitter, that is.

I've not drunk it yet though, as I've had the cans chilling in the fridge at home. To anyone who has drunk VB before: Any good?

Edited by ambermonk

isn't it like a clumsy robot massaging you? needs that human touch, sensing those tense areas and working them. :boner:

no it can sense where your spine is and if it's crooked and what not...

Searched a cell with my colleague today ahead of the actual search team because there may have been corrupt staff stuff in there.

While it's not a particular achievement or success it was kind of cool that I'm that trusted and it was interesting because we don't normally search cells.

Corrections officer? That would be an interesting/depressing job. I had dinner with a girl that works at a juvenile detention centre earlier this week, and she had some good stories to tell.

After over a year of trying to come up with a band name I like that isn't already taken, I managed to think of two today within a span of a few minutes. I fear everyone else will think they're terrible, as that tends to be the case... but let's ignore that since this is the FWS thread. It's a toss up between: Speak in Tongues and Cult Films.

My first two reasonable band name ideas were already taken, otherwise I'd go with either: Sleeping Giant ("Christian deathcore" band) and Moving Pictures (Australian pop band that was big in the 80's). It's too bad because those are both good names with shitty music representing them.

those bands names are terrible, and probably taken, you just haven't looked hard enough to find that they are. I mean cult films, jeezus, cliché city. Hey there's an original name for you. cliché city. Or perhaps if you didn't want to be as grand, how about platitude hamlet or prosaic outhouse.

Yeah, I came to the conclusion that Cult Films was terrible while at the grocery store. I don't know what I was thinking. Speak in Tongues is still pretty inoffensive though, I think I can live with that one. I don't see how either of those are cliche though. Explain.

Cult films sounds like a band name that any late teenage alternate kid would come up with if he was feeling particular uninspired that day. And speak in tongues speaks to a similar demographic mindset. I can't understand why this is not obvious, sorry man, but see my suggestion in the other thread. It will blow your lower mind.

Then why can't i find any other band with those names? I haven't really heard another band name that reminds me of "cult films" either, but that's probably because anyone else who thought of it realized the err of their ways before it caught on. Have you ever tried coming up with a band name that's not totally ridiculous? It's fucking hard.

Victorian Taxidermy ... Huntin' Fishin' Shootin' ... Just using under your fat avatar.

Remember that Led Zepplin sounds freakin' stupid until your brain associates it with all the wonderment that they oozed.

hahg, what type of band is it. Did you not see my explanation that it doesn't matter the band nbame as the music carries the day. So perhaps you shouldn't blame the cool name for your woes, it's the fact that you haven't gotten a kick arse manager called irving azoff

And a producer that can mold your zany shape into saleable product.

I've often walked into a club and thought. if only i could fucking muck with their shit it would be awesome. Give me an example of what you do.

I'm not blaming the name for anything other than me (and most other people) not liking it. I produce it and am happy in that role, though my intent is not to make it salable but rather to create music with the production I'd want to hear. I figure if I can make myself like it then there will be others out there who connect with it as well. The album I have posted on bandcamp isn't really that representative of what we're doing now (was done when this was still a solo project), which is another reason for the name change. it seems like a different entity altogether now. The most representative songs on there would probably be Twilight Horizon, Over the Falls, maybe Rise to Grace. But this new album (no samples ready yet) is more electric guitar driven than acoustic, and the drums play more of a feature role. (see Solipsis bandcamp in signature.) ...well I'll be, apparently the url in my sig has been incorrect this whole time. Here's the old album with the aforementioned songs on it: http://solipsisband.bandcamp.com/

Edited by Zephyr_Nova