IGNORED

stupid first world achievements and successes

eugene

i got ridiculously hooked on dex for about 2 months. was doing ten hours of piano practice a day. i dont trust anything that feels that awesome so cold turkeyed it about 2 years ago

Got a job at my college's bookstore and my coworkers are pretty cool and the higher ups seem to like me. Still working minimum wage so i guess its kind of a FWP :shrug:

Congrats. As long as the job is enjoyable and fellow coworkers are easy to get along with, then it's worthwhile.

My second FWA/S for the day: Cooked BBQ pork ribs on the propane grill for the first time. The guests enjoyed them, so they turned out better than I thought they would, despite the mess I made in the kitchen during preparation.

Edited by ambermonk

i got ridiculously hooked on dex for about 2 months. was doing ten hours of piano practice a day. i dont trust anything that feels that awesome so cold turkeyed it about 2 years ago

yea, I'm cautious with them. I usually just keep them for when I need to be ridiculously productive over the course of a day (like today, or when I wrote the entirety of the 17 minute suite on my latest album in one sitting :emotawesomepm9:).. I still haven't slowed down yet. Just spent an hour or so coming up with presets on a bass multi-fx pedal I found in my closet; accidentally ripped off the Isis bass tone in the process:

[sc5]104915358[/sc5]

Edited by modey

When i tried them, i found that it really helped clean up the transmission from the eye to the brain to the pen, when drawing. Given how messy my brain is, i should be prescribed them, but what messi said, probably not a good thing, bound to be some massive drawbacks.

yea, I'm cautious with them. I usually just keep them for when I need to be ridiculously productive over the course of a day (like today, or when I wrote the entirety of the 17 minute suite on my latest album in one sitting :emotawesomepm9:).. I still haven't slowed down yet. Just spent an hour or so coming up with presets on a bass multi-fx pedal I found in my closet; accidentally ripped off the Isis bass tone in the process:

[sc5]104915358[/sc5]

You guys should try Nootropics. I get similar results from a mixture of Alpha Brain and upgraded coffee. Mix in a little weed and you'll hit a sweet spot for being creative. Preworkout supplements work as well. They are more cardio toxic though. A lot of them are weird derivatives of amphetamines.

Interesting. A friend of mine is into those. He offered me some last week but I'd taken two days off to calm down from work being crazy, so wasn't really in the mood for stimulants, haha.

I find caffeine clouds my brain and if have it a few days running it just makes me tired all the time. Useless stuff. Like for example i was talking about drawing on dexies, well on caffeine the lines become less smooth and sure and the global understanding of the image that i'm drawing greatly diminishes.

I find caffeine clouds my brain and if have it a few days running it just makes me tired all the time. Useless stuff. Like for example i was talking about drawing on dexies, well on caffeine the lines become less smooth and sure and the global understanding of the image that i'm drawing greatly diminishes.

Have you tried Acetyl-L-carnitine? ...1000 mg per day.

Are you using it? From a cursory read though, it seems that i can produce it through excercise.There seem to be some big claims associated with the compound. But i couldn't dig up the a decent run-down of the side-effects.

/goes for jog

Another year without killing anyone!!

It has been 364 days since the last workplace fatality

Looks like you've got another day to go chen!

Are you using it? From a cursory read though, it seems that i can produce it through excercise.There seem to be some big claims associated with the compound. But i couldn't dig up the a decent run-down of the side-effects.

/goes for jog

I'm using it...first week and already i can feel increase of mental energy. Brain loves it especially for making new synapses and we all know how important is that.

Regarding side-effects, nothing special if your liver and kidneys are working normally...you'd know if they don't. Only one thing bad that i found was connection with TMAO which has been shown to cause atherosclerosis but a lot of people taking it for years and their blood pressure usually only get down (and one big study confirmed that). So it's early to say for sure, but there's a risk. If you want to be sure wait for the confirmation by other studies.

Edited by xox

I think that i will. My main problem in life has been memory, both in recall and production, as well as general cloudyness. So if there's a way to break that dam, i'd be all for it. The only suppliment besides a multi and fish oil that i take regularly is resveratrol. Now they recon fish oil can cause prostate cancer (perhaps though that study was funded to blacken the name of a sup that does for free what a lot of medications charge a lot for, we'll see).

I think that i will. My main problem in life has been memory, both in recall and production, as well as general cloudyness. So if there's a way to break that dam, i'd be all for it. The only suppliment besides a multi and fish oil that i take regularly is resveratrol. Now they recon fish oil can cause prostate cancer (perhaps though that study was funded to blacken the name of a sup that does for free what a lot of medications charge a lot for, we'll see).

Resveratrol is good for antioxidant duties but still easy with it. Too much of antioxidants if you don't need high levels can be counterproductive.

The symptoms your mentioning can be linked with depression, irregular sleeping (increasing depression symptoms or causing it after unbalancing neurotransmitters ratios) or simply something benign as a dominant right side of your brain; could be all.

If it's the mild constant depression taking Acetyl-L-carnitine could help you but also try taking St. John's Wort pills; they worked for me, a it's safe, not side-effects, no symptoms of withdrawal.

>>>> Go to bed at 22h so you can be sure you will be sleeping at 23h. <<<< Every hour between 22h and 02h worth 2 hours latter...so there's no why you can compesate that if you go to sleep at 02h for example.

Another things could be the cause are heavy metals in your brain, prolong us of drugs, alcohol, cigarettes, lack of physical activity...and all of those contribute to start or increase depression.

Edited by xox

/goes for jog

I'm using it...first week and already i can feel increase of mental energy. Brain loves it especially for making new synapses and we all know how important is that.

Regarding side-effects, nothing special if your liver and kidneys are working normally...you'd know if they don't. Only one thing bad that i found was connection with TMAO which has been shown to cause atherosclerosis but a lot of people taking it for years and their blood pressure usually only get down (and one big study confirmed that). So it's early to say for sure, but there's a risk. If you want to be sure wait for the confirmation by other studies.

how do you know you are creating new synapses ??

/goes for jog

how do you know you are creating new synapses ??

:biggrin: By not asking questions like this. :emotawesomepm9:

It's the newest theory linked to depression related symptoms and Acetyl-L-carnitine seems be one of the answers to it.

Visited my parents this weekend. Highlights include:

- Introducing them to a show, Moone Boy, which they really like now

- Having an intense 4+ hour conversation with my dad about politics, society, and current events that was actually substantive and calm and not a pathetic and embarrassing shouting match

- My parents are beginning to excitedly listen to newer local indie rock instead of just older music. My mom is actually a recent quasi-fan of CocoRosie after stumbling upon them on youtube. She was like "it's soooooo weird...and I love it. :D " She's funny about those sort of things, she's rather conservative and religious but she's oddly open-minded about many things and she finds that duo absolutely fascinating.

- I met the 5 chicken hens they now have. My almost 14 year old dog loves casually chasing them around for fun.

today at work i made a sub and the guy i was making it for said, "that is a culinary masterpiece."

DAMN RIGHT, MY SANDWICHES ARE BEAUTIFUL #VALIDATION

Make me a sammich, puhleeze?! :)

Today I plan to achieve nothing as I have about 7 dollars to my name and no income till wednesday and friday. Nothing is one of the hardest things to do in my book.