IGNORED

palace posy

jules

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest feralkittens

This is probably my favorite on the album. That ending makes me just wanna listen over and over. I remember during the stream at first I was like "this is kind of cool. Yeah kind of RDJish" then the ending came and I wrote "I FUCKING LOVE THIS!" on my little note sheet.

It does stand out on the album for being so different, but I don't think it sounds awkward or out of place. I love the way it comes in after Collapse. To me it marks the shift in the second half of the album really well.

And it's a good song to dance to.

so it's an anagram of apocalypse but it doesn't sound very evil

i like the vocals in this track

it sounds absurd. a playful disconnection from the reality of what is happening to the world, because that's how the universe views us. it doesn't care.

apocalypse means "revelation" / unveiling

I haven't heard TH yet, but everyone seems to describe this one as coming out of nowhere, right?

Guest feralkittens

I think this song makes perfect sense after that interview where they said in a way they're kind of celebrating the idea of collapse. This song comes right after Collapse. It definitely has the vibe to me of someone celebrating the fall of a broken system and it hearkens back to tribal living/small joyful communities. I'm a dirty hippie so of course I love that shit.

I really love this song. It's so very ME. ::picks up musical gourd and plays along::

Guest Gravity

This really does sound like Chiastic Slide era Autechre to a degree with that bass. Cichli, Goz Quarter, Key Nell 4. Nice to have.

it sounds absurd. a playful disconnection from the reality of what is happening to the world, because that's how the universe views us. it doesn't care.

I like your thinking, but I believe it's more the human race that is disconnected. Caring for what goes on TV, economy and politics etc. and not really caring to solve problems that could lead to it's destruction. Or renewal. Man this it's such a serious album.

Guest dylanmcknd

Yeah, this track is probably one of the darker ones on the album, but also one of the most upbeat.

Guest fsdapfad

someone Else said Aphex, and I can totally see that. Sounds like an intro from ICBYD.

yeah, I thought exactly the same thing, Acrid Avid Jam Shred (no bad thing, an amazing song).

I hear the vocals as either "we have everything (we need)" or "do we have everything?"

In either case it makes me think of a family evacuating their house and frantically grabbing what is deemed essential for life after society collapses

Archived