IGNORED

lolling stone review

keltoi

I've read some of the tinymixtape guy's reviews...what is the point of shit like this?

To cite on a resume so they can jump to a larger, seemingly more relevant music journalism site to write even shittier reviews.

These people don't care about music. They really fucking don't.

I ranted about the RS and Tinymixtape reviews in another thread: http://forum.watmm.com/topic/78656-boards-of-canada-tomorrows-harvest/?p=2023211

I think he got the better of you in his last tweet.

Because he dodged some criticism? That's like saying Republicans win debates when they yell louder. :emotawesomepm9:

He spent 1/3 of the insanely short review on IDM and EDM.

Boards of Canada in 2006:

We're just a band. Not an IDM band, not an electronic band, and not a dance band.

vsZEdJX.jpg

lol thank you

2.5 stars from the rolling stone community? sick times for boards of canada.

apparently mere comments turn into "0 stars" - of the 4 comments all appear to scoff at the article but only two bothered to rate it 5 stars...

I don't imagine BoC fans taking the time to rate an album on RS's site

ps - 999 posts, congrats pattern!

Rolling Stone stays alive for the following reasons:

1. They publish excellent left-wing political and social commentary articles from freelance and guest writers. For example they ran the FOB Ramrod "Kill Team" story. It's oddly juxtaposed to their entertainment industry news content.

2. Their early reputation from the first decade they existed. It has been enough to keep readers when they began losing relevance in the late 70s when Hunter S Thompson left and when they ignored hip-hop and metal.

3. The general public just assumes they're like the NYT or Time magazine because they were first (same with pitchfork and their early existence online) so they buy it casually at newsstands or subscribe friends and family to the magazine.

1. They publish excellent left-wing political and social commentary articles from freelance and guest writers. For example they ran the FOB Ramrod "Kill Team" story. It's oddly juxtaposed to their entertainment industry news content.

2. Their early reputation from the first decade they existed. It has been enough to keep readers when they began losing relevance in the late 70s when Hunter S Thompson left and when they ignored hip-hop and metal.

3. The general public just assumes they're like the NYT or Time magazine because they were first (same with pitchfork and their early existence online) so they buy it casually at newsstands or subscribe friends and family to the magazine.

the political and social articles have been the ones that i've been enjoying, and i usually try to avoid anything political.

it is odd, i also subscribed back in the late '80s/early '90s, and thinking back i think it was over even then (that was the era of ignoring rap and metal you're referring to, i'm assuming). at the time i was obsessed with reading the english weeklies, then later select and other glossy english mags, and RS paled in comparison, in terms of quality and quantity.

Love how the Spin review begins by shitting on Daft Punk. I bet 90% of these "journalists" couldn't name another electronic act besides these two.

Sadder, is that their editors don't know that. Quickly may it die.

the political and social articles have been the ones that i've been enjoying, and i usually try to avoid anything political.

it is odd, i also subscribed back in the late '80s/early '90s, and thinking back i think it was over even then (that was the era of ignoring rap and metal you're referring to, i'm assuming). at the time i was obsessed with reading the english weeklies, then later select and other glossy english mags, and RS paled in comparison, in terms of quality and quantity.

I fucking loved Select!

Bought it from '97 onwards.

So sad when it went tits-up in '99(?) :cry:

Archived